This post relates to the details of the requirements relating to Tier 1 Exceptional Talent covers the following topics:
- Who Are Eligible to Apply for Tier 1 Exceptional Talent?
- Two Stage Application Process for Tier 1 Exceptional Talent;
- Permitted and Prohibited Activities- Tier 1 Exceptional Talent.
Who Are Eligible to Apply for Tier 1 Exceptional Talent?
Any applicant can apply for a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa if he/she has been endorsed in the field of humanities, science, arts, engineering, medicine, or digital technology either as a recognised leader (exceptional talent) or an emerging leader (exceptional promise). The applicant must be from outside Switzerland and European Economic Area (EEA).
Two Stage Application Process for Tier 1 Exceptional Talent
The application process for Tier 1 Exceptional Talent comprises of Two Stages.
In the first stage, an applicant needs to apply to HM’s Home Office for an endorsement as a leader or an emerging leader in his/her particular field.
In the second stage, i.e. after getting the endorsement of the Home Office, the candidates can apply for the Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa.
Only a limited number of visas are available under Tier 1 Exceptional Talent. As many as, 500 places are released on 6 April and 1 October each year. Therefore, at the most, a total of 1,000 visas to the Main Applicants can be granted under this category each year.
Permitted and Prohibited Activities- Tier 1 Exceptional Talent
Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa holders can do the following permitted activities in the UK:
- the visa holders can work for any employer in the UK either as a director of a company or as a self-employed;
- the migrants on Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa can change jobs without informing Her Majesty’s Home Office in the UK;
- can undertake voluntary work;
- can travel abroad and return to the UK;
- can bring his/her family members to the UK.
However, migrants on Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa are not allowed to get public funds, work as a doctor or dentist in training, and work as a professional sportsperson or sports coach.