- Home Office Fees 2017/18 and Premium Service Charges from Outside the UK Visit Visa, Short-Term Study, Spouse Visa UK Fees, Settlement, Indefinite Leave to Enter, PBS Applications such as Tier 1 Entrepreneur, Tier 2, Tier 4 Student, and Optional Premium Services such as Priority Visa, Super-Priority Visa.
- Home Office Visa Fees 2017/18 and Premium Service Charges from Inside the UK UK Visa Application Fees such as Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR), Leave to Remain or Enter, BMR, Naturalisation, Nationality Registration as a British Citizen, PBS Applications such as Tier 1 Entrepreneur, Tier 1 Investor, Tier 2, Tier 4 Student, Tier 5, Points Based System – Sponsorship, Fee for Letters, Tests, Certificates, ARs from Inside the UK and Optional Premium Services such as Expedited processing, Priority Service, Super Premium Service.
- Discretionary Services at the Border– Registered Traveller Service and Fast Track
UK Visa Fee 2017 and Premium Service Charges from Outside the UK
Visitor Visa, Medical, Spouse, Settlement
- Standard Visitor Visa Application Fee 2017: The UK Visa Application Fee for all types of Standard Visitor Visa will increase by approx. two percent (2%). Therefore, there will be an increase of £2, £7, £12 and £15 in the visitor visa UK Fee for visitor visa up to 6 months, 2 years [note 1], 5 years and 10 years, respectively. Accordingly, the Standard Visitor Visa such as UK Tourist Visa Fees up to 6 months, 2 years, 5 years and 10 years will increase from £87, £330, £600 and £752 to £89, £337, £612 and £767 from April 6, 2017.
- Visiting academic – UK visa costs for more than 6 months but no more than 12 months will increase from £170 to £179.
- Private medical treatment visa – for more than 6 months but not more than 11 months will be £179 from April 6, 2017.
- Short term student visa up-to 6 months has been increased by £4. Therefore, it will be £93 instead of £89.
- Short term student studying English language (more than 6 months but not more than 11 months) has been increased from £170 to £179.
- Settlement – fee has been increased by £269, and it will be £1,464 from April 6, 2017, instead of the present fee of £1,195. Therefore, the UK spouse visa fee has been increased by whopping 22.5%. The Settlement Fee for other dependant relatives has been increased by approx. 22% i.e. £574. Therefore, it will be £3,250 per other dependent relatives instead of £2,676. The Settlement Fee for refugee dependant relative has been reduced by £49, therefore, instead of £472 it is will only £423.
- Fee for Indefinite leave to enter the United Kingdom as the dependant of a member of the armed forces under Appendix – Armed Forces to the Immigration Rules is increased from £1,875 to £2,297. Therefore, there has experienced an escalation of 22.5% i.e. £422.
- Certificate of entitlement – (right of abode) has been reduced by £49. So it will be £423 from April 6, 2017, instead of £472.
- Other visa fees will increase from £405 to £496.
- Transit visa – direct airside transit will be £34 instead of £32 from April 6, 2017; whereas, Transit visit visa (landside transit) will be £62 instead of £59.
- Visa for the purpose of joining a ship or aircraft as a member of the crew of that ship or aircraft will be £62 from April 6, 2017, onwards.
- Transfer of Conditions (Vignette transfer) has been reduced by £20. It will be £169 instead of £169.
- Representative of an Overseas business has been increased by £41. It will be £587 from April 6, 2017, onwards.
- Call out/out of hours fee – per hour or/and part hour – has been escalated by £7 per hour/part hour. So the new fee will be £137 per hour/part hour.
- Single-entry visa to replace a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) has been reduced by £20. The new fee will be £169.
- Receiving, preparing and forwarding documents fee has been increased by £21, so it would be £136
- Electronic Visa Waiver fee will remain at the current level of £15.
British Visa Fee PBS Applications Made from Outside the UK
- Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) [note 2] for applications made outside the UK will be £982 instead of the present level of £963. Therefore, there will be a nominal increase of approx. 2% i.e. £19 for Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa Application Fee for the Application made outside the UK.
- Tier 1 (Investor) visa application fee be £1,561 instead of £1,530.
- Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) – initial application [note 2] fee will be £293. The fee for an Approval letter from a competent body in respect of an initial application for Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) will be £292. Tier-1 (Exceptional Talent) – subsequent application [note 2] fee will be £585 and that for dependant of Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) will be £585.
- Tier 1 (General) – dependant fee will be £982.
- Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) [note 2] fee will be £349.
- Tier 1 (Post-study Work) – dependant will increase by £11. So instead of £570, it will be £581.
- Dependant of a student granted leave under the rules in place before the implementation of the Points-Based System will be £335.
- Tier 2 (General), (Intra-Company Transfer) Long-Term Staff, (Sportsperson) and (Minister of Religion), where a certificate of sponsorship has been issued for three years, or less [note 2] will be £587.
- Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) – Short Term Staff, Graduate Trainee, and Skills Transfer (dependants only) [note 2] will be £463.
- Tier 2 (General), (Intra-Company Transfer) Long-Term Staff, where a certificate of sponsorship has been issued for more than three years [note 2] will increase from £1,151 to £1,174.
- Tier 2 (General) shortage occupation where a certificate of sponsorship has been issued for three years or less [note 2] will be increased by £9 i.e. from £437 to £446. However, the fee for a certificate of sponsorship for more than three years [note 2] will be £892 instead of £873.
- Tier 4 Student fee will increase by £7, so instead of £328, it will be £335 from April 6, 2017, onwards.
- Tier 5 Temporary Worker [note 2] fee will be £235.
Optional Premium Services Outside the UK
- Priority visa service fee for settlement and non-settlement will be £551 and £184, respectively.
- The Super-priority visa service fee has been increased by £169. Therefore, instead of £750, it will be £919.
- The user-pay fee at the visa application centre will remain at its present level of £55.
- Passport pass-back fee will increase by £9 from £42 to £51.
- Visa application centre appointment fee outside office hours has been increased by £12 i.e. from £63 to £75.
- International Contact Centre – Email Service (commences 1 June 2017) will be £5.48. This is a NEW SERVICE and will be commencing from June 1, 2017.
- International Contact Centre – Telephone Helpline (per minute) will remain at 1.37 per minute.
Back to Top | Home Office Fees 2017/18
UK Visa Fees 2017 and Premium Service Charges from Inside the UK
Visa Fees For UK from Inside the UK
- Indefinite leave to remain fee will increase by £422 from April 6, 2017. So it will be £2,297 instead of £1,875.
- Leave to remain – Other will increase by £182 from £811 to £993.
- Leave to enter for persons in the UK who are liable to immigration detention will increase from £811 to £993.
- Transfer of Conditions – TOC – or Application for a document confirming identity and immigration or nationality status – limited leave to remain will reduce by £55 so it will be £168 instead of £223. And the fee for indefinite leave to remain will reduce by £71 i.e. it will be £237 instead of £308.
- Biometric residence permit (BRP) / replacement BRP will remain at same at £56.
- Processing an application which is subsequently rejected will remain at £25.
- In-country biometric enrolment will be the same at £19.20.
- Certificate of travel – adult, will increase from £218 to £267 – child will increase from £109 to £134.
- Convention travel document – there is no change in the fee – adult £72 child £46.
- Retired person of independent means will increase by £344 from £1,530 to £1,874.
- Representative of an Overseas business will increase from £664 to £677.
- European residence document (registration certificate, a document certifying permanent residence, residence card, accession resident card, derivative residence card, and permanent residence card) will remain at the present level of £65.
- Naturalisation [note 4] fee increase by £46 from £1,236 to £1,282. Naturalisation British overseas territory citizens will increase from £925 to £962.
- Nationality registration as a British citizen – for adult [note 4] the fee will increase from £1,121 to £1,163, and for the child [note 5] it will increase from £936 to £973.
- The arrangement of citizenship ceremony (including the administration of a citizenship oath & pledge at the ceremony) will remain at the present level of £80.
- The administration of a citizenship oath or oath & pledge where the oath, or oath and pledge, are not administered at citizenship ceremony or by a justice of the peace will remain at £5.
- Nationality registration – British overseas territory citizen/Overseas Citizens, British Subjects, and British protected persons – for an adult it will increase from £833 to £866, and for a child, it will increase from £749 to £779.
- Renunciation of nationality fee will increase by £49 from £272 to £321.
- Certificate of entitlement – (right of abode) will increase from £272 to £321.
- Nationality review fee will increase to £321 from April 6, 2017.
- Provision of a copy of an immigration decision letter, correspondence or application relating to an individual’s immigration or nationality status £will remain at £0.16 per page.
PBS Applications Made from Inside the UK
- Tier 1 (General) – dependant will increase from £1,771 to £1,806.
- Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) [note 2] will increase by £24 from £1,204 to £1,228.
- Tier 1 (Investor) will increase from £1,530 to £1,561.
- Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) [note 2] will be £474.
- Tier-1 (Exceptional Talent) – initial application [note 2] will increase to £293. The fee for an Approval letter from a competent body in respect of an initial application for Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) will increase from £287 to £292. The fee for extension applications [note 2] will increase from £574 to £585; whereas, for dependant will also be increased from £574 to £585.
Tier 2 Visa Extension Fees- General, Intra-Company Transfer, Long-Term Staff, Sportsperson, (Minister of Religion, where a certificate of sponsorship has been issued for three years, or less [note 2] will increase from £664 to £677.
Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) – Short-Term Staff, Graduate Trainee, & Skills Transfer (dependants only) [note 2] will increase from £454 to £463.
Tier 2 (General), (Intra-Company Transfer) Long-Term Staff, where a certificate of sponsorship has been issued for more than three years [note 2] the fee will increase from £1,328 to £1,354.
Tier 2 (General) shortage-occupation where a certificate of sponsorship has been issued for three years or less [note 2] the fee will increase from £437 to £446. For a certificate of sponsorship issued for more than three years [note 2] the fee will increase from £873 to £892.
Tier 4Student application fee will be £457 instead of £448 from April 6, 2017.
Tier 5Temporary Worker [note 2] £application fee will increase to £235.
Points Based System Sponsorship Applications
There will be NO CHANGE in the visa UK cost for the following services relating to Points Based System (PBS) – Sponsorship:
- Premium sponsor scheme – Tiers-2 & 5 large-sponsor £25,000 small sponsor £8,000 large sponsor for 3 months £6,250 small sponsor for 3 months £2,000.
- Premium sponsor scheme – Tier 4 £8,000.
- Premium Change of Circumstances £200
- Tier 2 large-sponsor licence (may also include Tier 4 and/or Tier 5) £1,476 small-sponsor licence (may also include Tier-4 and/or Tier-5 ) £536.
- Tier 4 sponsor licence £536.
- Tier 5 sponsor licence £536.
- Add Tier 2 to an existing Tier-4 &/or Tier-5 licence (large sponsor) £940.
- Basic compliance assessment (previously ‘Tier 4 Sponsor status’) £536.
- Sponsor action plan £1,476.
- Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) £199.
- Tier 5 Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) £21.
- Tier 4 Confirmation of Acceptance for Study – CAS £21
Visa Fees UK for Letters, Certificates, ARs
- Fee for the Status letter will increase by £36 so it will be £234.
- Non-acquisition letter fee will be £234.
- Nationality correction to certificate will be £234 instead of £198.
- Life in the UK test fee will remain at £50.
- Nationality– supply of a certified copy of notice, certificate, order or declaration will be £234 from April 6, 2017.
- Administrative review fee will be same at £80.
Optional Premium Services from Inside the UK
- Expedited processing of an application (premium service centre) will increase by £90 from April 6, 2017, onwards. And it will be £490 instead of £400. Whereas, expedited processing of an application (premium service centre) – appointment booking fee will be the same as the current level of £100. Expediting process of an application (premium service centre) – outside office hours fee will increase from £63 to £75.
- Provision of Immigration Officer at the border (hourly-rate) will remain same the present rate of £53.08 per hour.
Priority service fee will increase by £84 from £375 to £459.
Super premium service will increase by £1,750 from April 6, 2017. Therefore, instead of £8,750, it will be £10,500 from April 6, 2017, onwards.
Mobile premium service will increase from £4,500 to £5,513.
Application in person (super premium & mobile premium services) will increase from £500 to £590.
Premium status checks and advice (Administrative Officer) (per minute) [note 3] will remain same at £0.80 per minute.
UK Visa Application Fee for Discretionary Services at the Border
Apart from Fast Track Heathrow Terminals 2, 3 and 4, the Fee for these services will remain same at their present level after April 6, 2017:
- Registered Traveller Service – yearly subscription will be £50 child £24 registration of documents £20.
- Fast Track – Heathrow terminals 2, 3 and 4 will increase by £0.30 from £3.60 to £3.90.
- Fast Track – Other will remain at the present level of £3.
Note 1- Application fee of £89 where the applicant is a Chinese national applying in mainland China under the Chinese visa scheme.
Note 2- a Council of Europe Social Charter (CESC) discount of £55 applies for the main applicant.
Note 3- Administrative Officer, Executive Officer and Higher Executive Officer are Civil Service staff grades.
Note 4- the citizenship ceremony fee of £80 has been added to the application fee.
Note 5- Additional UK pound sterling eighty (80) per applicant is required for covering the ceremony fee- should the minor turn 18 during the application process. This will be requested at point of decision.