This covers the UK visa success and refusal rate 2019 for all types of Entry Clearance...
Category: Entry Clearance Applications
This category provides an overview of the UK Entry Clearance Visas by country, especially for those who are applying for the tourist, family and business visitor visa for the very first time. Accordingly, the posts in this category provide the details of application charges in the respective local currencies, US Dollars (US$) and British Pound Sterling (£). And also try to answer country specific faqs relating to the UK visa requirements for visitors, processing time and refusal rates and the usefulness of priority and added-value premium services.
Apparently, millions of people apply for UK entry clearance visa for visiting, working, studying and settlement every year. However, due to lack of information and understanding, quite a few are unable to make a successful application. Therefore, the focus of the posts in this category is to provide detailed guidance and insight for making a successful application. Nevertheless, if you intend to seek professional advice for fresh application, reapplication or appeal after refusal, administrative review or judicial review then may contact immigration specialist solicitors London.
UK Entry Clearance Visa Applications by Country
Indeed, the requirements, fees and service standards for UK entry clearance applications are quite same. However, applicants like some country specific details such as refusal rate, fees in local currency, processing time etc. Therefore, in order to facilitate the applicants, the posts provides details of UK entry clearance applications by country.
Fees in Local Currencies
In fact, apart from a few exceptions such as India and Pakistan, the UK visa fees are mostly paid either in GBP or US$. However, most of the applicants like to know an approximate amount in the local currencies. Therefore, the posts in this category provide the details of the UK entry clearance visa application fees relating to:
- Standard Visitor Visa Applications such as General Tourist Visa, Family Sponsorship Visa, Business Visitor Visa and Private Medical Treatment
- Infant and Child Visitor Visa
- Marriage Visitor Visa
- Permitted Paid Engagement Visa
- Short Term Study Visa
- Family Settlement such as Spouse, Fiance, Dependent Family Members
- Startup and Innovator Visa under Appendix W
- Tier 1 Investor, Tier 1 Entrepreneur, Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur, Tier 1 Exceptional Talent
- Tier 2 General, Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer, Tier 2 Minister of Religion and Tier 2 Sportsperson
- PBS Tier 4 Student Visa Fees
- Tier 5 Temporary Worker
- Other work-related applications such an UK Ancestry Visa
- UK Visa Fast Track Fees
The country-specific posts also provides statistical such as number of entry clearance applications, decisions, grants and refusals. And also the details of the visa grants under major routes i.e. work, family, visit etc. Please note, the UK visa and immigration statistics indicate that every year more than 3 million entry clearances are made from outside the UK. Perhaps, a couple of years ago (i.e. till 2016) the number of entry clearance applications were less than 3 m. In fact, during 2005-16, the number of entry clearance applications hovered in the range of 2.5-2.8 million. Therefore, the applications for UK entry clearance visas are showing an upward trend as the number of entry clearance applications have increased to 3m, 3.3m and 3.6m in 2017, 2018 and 2019, respectively.
Indeed, the UK visa refusal rate for entry clearance applications is usually 10-15%. However, the UK visa refusal rate by country greatly varies. Perhaps, for some country such as Saudi Arabia, Russia, United Arab Emirates and USA, it is not more than 1-3%, but for Nigeria, Ghana, Pakistan it is more than 35-40%. Moreover, the visa rejection rate is different for different type of applications. For instance, in 2019, the UK visitor and family settlement visa rejection rates were 12.33% and 19.61%, respectively. In fact, there could be a number of different reasons for UK visa rejection- even a 10 year re-entry or deception ban under general grounds for refusal.
|Application Type||No of Applications Resolved||UK Visa Refusal Rate 2019|
|Dependant Joining or Accompanying||10,250||7.06%|
|EEA Family Permits||94,683||51.00%|
|EUSS Family Permits||8,695||20.68%|
|Transit and other visas||56,767||20.00%|
How to Apply for UK Entry Clearance Visa Application?
Indeed, apart from North Korea, applicants can apply for UK entry clearance visa applications online. Therefore, no paper application form is required. Moreover, applicants can read questions in languages other than English. However, can only fill the UK visa online application form in English. Moreover, usually, a UK entry clearance visitor visa application process consists of the following steps:
- Specify the Purpose of Visiting the UK
- Gathering Supporting Documents
- Filling the Online Application Form
- Scheduling an Appointment
- Paying the Application Fees Online
- Uploading/Preparing the documents bunch
- Attending Appointment at UKVAC for Biometrics and Application Submission
- Awaiting the decision
- Passport Collection from UKVAC
Please note, If required, only in a very few instances, the ECO may schedule an Interview.
Indeed, depending on the purpose and type of UK entry clearance visa application, an applicant needs to furnish the appropriate supporting documents. For instance, the required documents for UK visitor visa are usually:
- Print out of the online application form
- Current valid travel document, mostly means a passport
- Previous passport, if applicable
- Translation of documents, which are not in English/Welsh
- Invitation letter, if applicable but not necessary, especially for tourist visa applications
- A UK address for staying during the visit
- Residential address in country of residence or home country
- Telephone or mobile number
- Marriage certificate, if applicable
- Family certificate, if applicable
- Business/Employer details
- Tax registration certificate
- Tax returns
- Bank statements
- Salary slips (for employed persons)
- Conveyance/Mortgage Deed or Rental Agreement of the residential address
- Evidence of assets, only if available
UK Entry Clearance Visa Processing Time
In fact, information relating to processing time is quite handy for applicants to correctly plan the submission of their application. Moreover, nearly all the applicants after submitting their UK entry clearance application, quite anxiously await for the decision. Therefore, this category provides the details of the country-specific processing times for different types of applications.
In nearly 90% of the instances, the UK visa processing time is usually within 10-15 workings days for following types of non-settlement visa applications:
- Visitor Visa such as Tourist, Family, Business, Private Medical Treatment
- Marriage Visitor Visa
- Short Term Study Visa
- Tier 1 Entrepreneur, Tier 1 Investor, Tier 1 Exceptional Talent, Graduate Entrepreneur
- Tier 2 General, Intra-company transfer, Minister of Religion, Sportsperson
- UK Tier 4 Student Visa
- Tier 5 Temporary Workers
- Non-PBS Work Visas such as Ancestry, Innovator and Startup Visa under Appendix W
- EEA Family Permit
- EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit
The UKVI service standard is to process 98.5% of family settlement entry clearance applications within 60 days or 12 weeks. However, in practice, only in 70-75% of the instances, the UK settlement visa processing time is usually within 60 workings days for spouse and family entry clearance visa applications under Appendix FM. In fact, this disparity is mainly due to the fact the nearly 25-30% of settlement visa applications are non straightforward, for which the UKVI is not liable to observe service standards. Therefore, at times, in case of a complex application, the UK spouse visa timelines may even exceed 120 working days (24 weeks).
Priority and Super-Priority Service
The UK Priority Visa Service for Settlement and Non-Settlement is available in most of the countries. However, the 24 hour Super-Priority Visa Service is only available at a very few application centres and countries. Please note, the mere purchase of the priority service does not guarantee a favourable decision. Moreover, an applicant needs to pay
User-Pay and Added-Value Services
Perhaps, in order to facilitate applicants, the UKVI and application centres, offer a number of optional user-pay and added-value services such as premium lounge, prime time appointment, form filling service, etc. Moreover, the price, level and extent of these services may vary from country to country.
This relates to the UK visa and immigration charges from April 6, 2020, for entry clearance...
This provides an overview of the UK visa from Russia, especially for Russian citizens or...
This guidance aims at providing an overview of the UK visa from Ghana in 2020 for all types of...
This relates to the US visa refusal rate during FY 2018 for all types of nonimmigrant applications...
This guidance provides an overview of the UK visa requirements from Turkey in 2020, especially for...