Perhaps, apart from reapplications, appeals and administrative review, the immigration judicial review is an effective recourse to challenge and overturn UK visa refusal and 10-year ban decisions. Therefore, this guidance provides the details of immigration judicial...
UK Visas and Immigration
Since the details relating to short stay, family and work visa applications are covered in their respective categories, therefore, the UK Visas and Immigration category covers the information relating to:
- Brexit: the rights of EU Citizens in the UK , the implications of Brexit on EU nationals working in the UK and EU settlement scheme family permit for Non-EEA family members
- Documents under EEA Regulations such as EEA Family Permit, permanent residence card for non-EEA family members etc
- Naturalisation requirements and British Citizenship automatic claims
- Refusals: UK Visa Refused: Reapply or Appeal, Administrative Review and Judicial Review to challenge 10-year ban and refusal
- General Grounds for Refusal due to adverse immigration history and behavior such as false documents, overstaying, litigation debt, criminality, re-entry ban, breaching a condition of stay in the UK deception ban etc.
- Home Office Immigration and Nationality Charges for leave to remain, extension and ILR applications
- UK visa processing time for entry clearance, extension and ILR timelines for all types of applications. And reasons for delays in processing time
- UK Priority Visa Service and Fast-Track Fees
- Miscellaneous issues such as British Citizens Living Abroad, TOEIC Test Victims, Bringing Adopted Child from Overseas, Human Rights Applications, Form FLR(IR) Guidance, US Visa Refusal Rate and UK Visa Statistics 2008-18
Entry Clearance Statistics | UK Visas and Immigration
During 2008-18, more than 30.25m Applications made for Entry Clearance. Accordingly, 30.28m entry clearance decisions made and 26.10m visas granted. Moreover, 4m entry clearance applications rejected. Therefore, the average UK visa success rate during 2008-18 is 86.20%. And the average UK Visa Refusal Rate is 13.23%. Moreover, 145,737 applications withdrawn and 25,188 applications lapsed. Perhaps, contrary to the general perception, the number of UK entry clearance applications and success rate is showing an upward in recent years. Accordingly, the most number of 3.29m and 3.06m applications were made in 2018. which is nearly 19.67% than the 2008-18 period average of 2.75m. Moreover, the UK visa success rate 2018 was 88.20%, which is more than 2% higher than the period average of 86.20%.
Leave to Remain Statistics | UK Visas and Immigration
During 2008-18, a total of 3.47m (i.e. 3,478,048) leave to remain and extension applications were decided. Accordingly, during the period 2.99m (i.e. 2,990,092) leave to remain and extensions granted and more than 0.48m (i.e. 487,956) applications refused. Therefore, the overall leave to remain and extension success and refusal rate from inside the UK was 85.97% and 16.32%, respectively. According to UK visa statistics, the extension grants were highest in 2008 (362,859) and the average for the period 2008-18 is 316,186 per year. However, since 2010, only in 2013 the total extension grants came near to this average. Therefore, during 2008-18, leave to remain and extension grants experienced an overall declining trend. Nevertheless, during 2017 and 2018, the number of extension grants and success rate in showing an upward trend.
ILR Statistics | UK Visas and Immigration
During 2008-18, a total of 1.52m ILR applications decided. Accordingly, 1.44m ILR granted, and 75,079 applications refused. Indeed, the number of ILR grants reached a 20 year high in 2010, when the total grants increased to 241K. However, afterwards the number of ILR grants experienced a steady decline. And the level of grants touched the lowest point of 60K in 2016. Nevertheless, during 2017 and 2018 the number of grants has increased to 65K and 91K. Moreover, the overall ILR success and refusal rate was 95.07% and 5.19%, respectively. However, the ILR Approval Rate has oscillated within a narrow band during the period. Accordingly, in 2013 the ILR acceptance rate was highest (96.94%) and lowest (91.89%) in 2016. Afterwards, in 2017 and 2018 the ILR success rate has slightly improved to reach a level of 94.65% and 95.69%, respectively. Certainly, this is good news for prospective ILR applicants.
During 2008-18, 1.44m ILR grants made under the four broad categories:
- Work – 561,535 grants (38.8% of total ILR grants)
- Family Formation and Reunion – 435,681 (30.1% of total ILR grants)
- Asylum – 151,699 (10.5% of total ILR grants)
- Other – 298,598 (20.6% of the total ILR grants)
Perhaps, due to restriction on immigration routes, the work-related grants decreased from 84,347 in 2010 to merely 18,104 in 2017. However, in 2018 the work-related ILR grants slightly increased to 23,913. Similarly, family-related grants decreased from 72,239 in 2009 to the lowest ebb of 5,420 in 2017. However, in 2018 the family-related grants increased considerably to reach a level of 15,751. Moreover, the number of asylum-related ILR grants indicates an upward trend during the 2008-18 period. Apparently, in 2008 the number of asylum-related ILR grants was only 2,824, which increased to 25,243 in 2018.
List of Entries | UK Visas and Immigration
- UK Visa Covid-19 Requirements and Guidance 2021
- UK Visa Extension Processing Time after Biometrics
- ILR Processing Time | British Citizenship Timelines | Coronavirus (Covid-19) Update
- There will be No Changes in Home Office Fees from Jan 31, 2021
- How to Apply for Administrative Review against a UK Visa Refusal?
- A Guide to US Visa Approval and Rejection Rate by Country
- UK Residence Card and EEA Registration Certificate Guidance!
- A Guide to EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit Requirements
- How Many British Citizens Living Abroad and Migrants in the UK?
- A Guide to Judicial Review for Challenging UK Visa Refusals
- Form FLR(IR) Guidance Notes for Extension of Stay in the UK
- UK Visa Fast Track Fee for Priority and Immigration Super Premium Services
- UK Priority Visa Fast Track Service | (Coronavirus (Covid-19) Update
- UK Visa Processing Time After Biometrics 2021 | Coronavirus (Covid-19) Update
- A Guide to Naturalisation Requirements for British Citizenship
- A Note on TOEIC and ETS Test Victims and Affected Students
- Reasons for Delays in UK Visa Processing Time 2021 | Coronavirus (Covid-19) Update
- A Guide to Maintenance Funds Requirements for PBS Applicants
- A Detailed Note on EU Citizens Rights after Brexit
- Requirements for Bringing an Overseas Adopted Child to the UK
- A Guide to Apply for UK Visa on Human Rights Grounds
- What to do after UK Visa Refusal Letter: Appeal or Reapply?
- A Guide to Brexit Implications for EU Citizens Working in the UK
- EEA Family Permit Application Guidance and Requirements 2020
- A Complete Guide to Re-Entry Ban UK under Paragraph 320(7b)
- A Guide to 10-Year UK Visa Deception Ban under paragraph 320(7A)
- A Guide to General Grounds for UK Visa Refusal and 10-Year Ban
- A Complete Guide to UK Visa and Immigration Statistics 2008-18