This relates to Tier 2 Visa Statistics for entry clearance, extension and settlement grants from 2008-17. And also the immigration statistics relating to pre-PBS equivalent Tier 2 work visa statistics. Accordingly, provides the details of Tier 2 and pre-PBS UK work visa success and refusal rate.
- Tier 2 Visa Statistics and Refusal Rate 2008-17: FAQs
- What is the average Tier 2 visa refusal rate?
- How many Tier 2 leave to remain and extension application refused?
- Is the Tier 2 extension refusal rate higher than that for entry clearance?
- What is pre-PBS equivalent of Tier 2 visa?
- What is pre-PBS permit free employment visa?
- What is pre-PBS equivalent of Tier 2 Ministers of Religion visa?
- How many Tier 2 migrants have been granted settlement?
- Tier 2 Visa Success Rate and Entry Clearance Statistics 2008-17
- No. of Tier 2 Visa Refused and Refusal Rate
- PBSTier 2 Extension Refusal Rate and Statistics 2008-17
- Pre-PBS UK Work Permit Extension 2008-17
- Other Permit Free Employment Statistics
- Pre-PBS Ministers of Religion/Missionary Statistics
- Tier 2 & Pre-PBS Settlement Grants 2008-17
UK Visa & Immigration
Get Best Advice!
Study & Work in the UK
2-Year Post Study Work (PSW) Visa
Tier 2 Visa Statistics and Refusal Rate 2008-17: FAQs
Apparently, Tier 2 (for sponsored skilled workers) launched in November 2008. And gradually replaced its pre-PBS equivalent work visa routes such as work permit.
In fact, during 2008-17 a total of 470,083 entry clearance and 330,826 extension grants have been made under the different Tier 2 & pre-PBS equivalent sub-categories.
During 2008-17, a total of 488,258 entry clearance applications submitted for Tier 2 & pre-PBS equivalent. Accordingly, 488,576 decisions made and 470,083 entry clearance applicants get Tier 2 & pre-PBS equivalent visa. Therefore, 10-year average Tier 2 visa success rate is 96.21%.
Perhaps, it is quite surprising to note the most number of applications (58,093) and grants (55,837) were made during 2008, which largely represents non-PBS work permit applications. However, the number of applications and visa grants since 2014 are in close proximity to that in 2008. And also with a higher success rate!
Apparently and quite understandably the Tier 2 visa success rate was lowest (89.28%) in 2009. However, subsequently, it seems as though the applicants and all the other stakeholders gradually learnt from their mistakes, which is the major reason for the rise in the Tier 2 visa success rate.
100% FREE admission process!
What is the average Tier 2 visa refusal rate?
From 2008 to 2017, a total of 16,297 Tier 2 and pre-PBS equivalent entry clearance applications refused. And also 1,734 applications withdrawn and 462 lapsed. Accordingly, the 10 years average Tier 2 visa refusal rate for entry clearance is 3.34%. Apparently, the Tier 2 visa refusal rate was highest in 2009 (9.66%) and lowest (1.72%) in 2013. Moreover, the Tier 2 visa refusal rate in recent years hovers in the range of 2%, which is quite encouraging for the prospective applicants.
How many Tier 2 leave to remain and extension application refused?
During 2008-17, a total of 330,826 extensions and leave to remain decisions made under Tier 2 & pre-PBS equivalent routes. And also, 314,141 extensions granted and 16,685 applications refused under the Tier 2 & pre-PBS equivalent. Moreover, 10 years average Tier 2 extension refusal rate is 5.04%.
Is the Tier 2 extension refusal rate higher than that for entry clearance?
Yes, the 10 years average Tier 2 visa refusal rate for entry clearance applications (3.34%) is lower than that for extensions (5%).
What is pre-PBS equivalent of Tier 2 visa?
Perhaps, prior to the inception of the PBS Tier 2 route, the major immigration route for doing work in the UK was Employment with a work permit. Accordingly, ever since November 2008 the number of extension decisions and grants relating to work permit fell quite drastically. Therefore, after 2009 the number of decisions relating to work permit is only a very small fraction of the total extension grants under Tier 2 and pre-PBS equivalent. However, most of the people still refer to Tier 2 as work permit visa, which speaks for the popularity of the work permit route prior to November 2008.
What is pre-PBS permit free employment visa?
Other Permit Free Employment Skilled is also a pre-PBS equivalent route for high skilled employment. Therefore, like the work permit route, the number of extensions under this route fell after 2008 and the last extension granted under the route was in 2011.
What is pre-PBS equivalent of Tier 2 Ministers of Religion visa?
Since 2008, the Tier 2 Ministers of Religion has gradually replaced the pre-pbs equivalent category of Ministers of Religion/Missionary. Accordingly, after 2008 and 2009, the number of decisions are nearly negligible. And also no decision made after 2012 in this pre-pbs category.
How many Tier 2 migrants have been granted settlement?
During 2008-2017 a total of 44,972 migrants have been granted settlement (ILR) under the Tier 2 route. Apparently, the Tier 2 settlement grants have gradually supplanted the settlement through pre-PBS work permit route.
Tier 2 Visa Success Rate and Entry Clearance Statistics 2008-17
No. of Tier 2 Visa Refused and Refusal Rate
PBS Tier 2 Extension Refusal Rate and Statistics 2008-17
Pre-PBS UK Work Permit Extension 2008-17
Other Permit Free Employment Statistics
Pre-PBS Ministers of Religion/Missionary Statistics
Tier 2 & Pre-PBS Settlement Grants 2008-17
a work permit
Tier 2 Sponsored with a job
- UK visa statistics, success and refusal rates 2008-18
- US visa rejection rate by country and type of application 2018!
- UK Visa Refusal Rate by Country 2017: what you need to know?
- UK visa success rate by country and type of application!
- Home Office Fees 2019/20 for Applications Made in the UK
- UK Visa Fees 2019/20 for Applications made from outside the UK
- Tier 2 Minister of Religion Visa UK 2019: Guidance and FAQs!
- Switch Visitor Visa UK: can I switch a tourist visa to work visa?
Moreover, to know the country-specific details of UK visa applications please refer to Egypt, Ghana, India, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UAE and the USA.