This post relates to the details of the number of entry clearance applications made for UK Visa and Immigration between Jan 1, 2005, and Dec 31, 2015, under various categories such as Visits, Immigration, Settlement, Work, Study (including Short Term), Family, Dep. joining or accompanying, EEA Family Permits, and Others (Visitors). The post provides the number of UK Visa Granted during the year and the respective yearly UK Visa Refusal Rate.
28.84 m Entry Clearance Applications Made During 2005-15
24.36 m Visas Granted with a Refusal Rate of 16%
According to the Official Statistics as many as more than 28.84 million (i.e. 28,842,433) Entry Clearance Applications were made from outside the UK during 2005-2015 and 24.36 million (i.e. 24,368,475) Visas were granted. Therefore, during the eleven years period, the overall UK Visa Success Rate for All Types of UK Visa Applications made from outside the UK for Entry Clearance was 84%. Accordingly, the cumulative eleven years’ UK Visa Refusal Rate was 16% i.e. at an average, one in every six applications for UK Visa was refused.
Yearly Fluctuations in the Refusal Rate
The annual refusal rates during 2005-2015 had been 2005 (19.5%), 2006 (18.4%), 2007 (18.9%), 2008 (19.9%), 2009 (18.5%), 2010 (15.2%), 2011 (12.7%), 2012 (13%), 2013 (11.8%), 2014 (10.9%), and 2015 (13.1%). Therefore, the annual refusal rate has fluctuated randomly during the eleven year period with highest and lowest during 2008 and 2014, respectively. Although the data relates to all the applications submitted throughout the world for entry clearance to the UK and success and refusal rate may vary from country to country.
A year-wise summary from 2005 to 2015 of the Total Visa Applications made from outside the UK, along with respective yearly Success Rate and Refusal Rate are as under:
UK Visa Refusal Rate 19.5% during 2005
During 2005, more than 2.56 million (2,564,252) Visa and Immigration Applications were made outside the UK, and an affirmative decision was made on 80.5% of the submitted applications. Therefore, approx. 2.06 million (2,065,424) visas for work, immigration, visits (including tourist and business), family, were granted. Accordingly, the visa refusal rate remained at less than 20%, which means only less than one out of five UK Visa applications was refused during 2005.
UK Visa Refusal Rate was 18.4% during 2006
Approximately, more than 2.73 million (2,731,079) applications were made under different categories for entry clearance at the post during 2006, and as many as 2,228,261 visas were granted. The success rate increased from the preceding year to reach a level of 81.6%. Therefore, the ratio of refused applications further decreased to a level of 18.4% at the entry clearance.
UK Visa Refusal Rate was 18.9% during 2007
2,541,865 applications were made at the post for entry clearance under all types of UK Visas during 2007. Out of these UK visa applications, visas were granted to 2,062,634 applicants. Therefore, the success and refusal rate hovered in the range of 81.1% and 18.9%, respectively, during 2007.
UK Visa Refusal Rate was 19.9% during 2008
During 2008, the UK government introduced a five-tier point based system (PBS) for processing applications relating to immigration, work, study and temporary or seasonal workers. During the year, 2.44 million (2,440,369) applications were made, and a visa was granted to 1,954,605 applicants. The success rate shed a few points to post a level of 80.1% and accordingly the refusal rate slightly increased from 18.9% to 19.9% during the year.
UK Visa Refusal Rate was 18.5% during 2009
2,447,391 applications were submitted, and 1,995,353 visas were granted for visits, work, immigration, study, settlement, family, etc during 2009. The success rate increased to 81.5%, and refusal rate decreased to a level of 18.5%.
UK Visa Refusal Rate was 15.2% during 2010
Approx. more than 2.5 million (2,529,962) applications were made under various categories for entry clearance at the post during 2010, and as many as 2,144,621 visas were granted. During the year, the success rate experienced a marked improvement as it reached a level of 84.8% as during the preceding five years from 2005 to 2009 it hovered in the range of 80-81%. Accordingly, the refusal rate reduced to only 15.2% for the applications submitted at the entry clearance outside of UK.
UK Visa Refusal Rate was 12.7% during 2011
2,607,142 applications were submitted, and 2,275,417 visas were granted for visits, work, immigration, study, settlement, family, etc. The success rate marked a new high of 87.3%; whereas, the refusal rate decreased to a level of 12.7% during 2011.
UK Visa Refusal Rate was 13% during 2012
2,561,623 applications were made under various categories for entry clearance at the post during 2012, and as many as 2,228,762 visas were granted. During the year, the success rate slightly decreased to post a level of 87%. Accordingly, the refusal rate increased to 13%.
UK Visa Refusal Rate was 11.8% during 2013
During 2013, the visa success and refusal rate posted a new high and a new low to reach a level of 88.2% and 11.8%, respectively, as a visa was granted on 2,496,488 applications out of the total 2,830,012 applications made at the post.
UK Visa Refusal Rate was 10.9% during 2014
The visa success rate reached its zenith at 89.1%, and the refusal rated its lowest ebb of 10.9% as 2,448,563 applications were deemed successful out of the total submitted applications of 2,748,348 for entry clearance at the post outside of UK. In turn, this means that approx. 9 out of 10 applicants were granted a visa.
UK Visa Refusal Rate was 13.1% during 2015
Since during 2013 and 2014, the visa success rate increased to a high level of 88.2% and 89.1%, respectively, therefore, it experienced a slight reduction to post a level of 86.9% as out of 2.84 million (2,840,390) applicants submitted a visa was granted to 2.46 million (2,468,347) applicants.
Back to Top | Visa for UK
Related Posts on UK Visa and Immigration Blog:
- UK Visa Refusal Rate 2017 by Geographical Regions
- UK Visa Refusal Rate by Country 2017 | Middle East
- UK Visa Refusal Rate 2017 from South Asia
- UK Visa Applications from East Asia
- UK Visa Refusal Rate by Country 2017 South East Asia
- UK Visa Applications from North African Countries
- UK Visa Applications from Central and South American Countries
- UK Visa Applications from Europe
- UK Visa Applications from Sub-Saharan African Countries
- UK Visa Applications from Australia and New Zealand
- UK Visa Applications from Refugees and Stateless
- UK Visas Entry Clearance Statistics
- British Citizenship Refusal Rate
- Immigration Judicial Review Success Rate | Tier 1, Visitor Visa
- Immigration Appeal UK | Tribunal Decisions | Success Rate 2010-18
- British Citizenship Reasons for Rejection
- Spouse Visa UK Success Rate | UK Settlement Statistics 2006-16
- UK Work Visa Statistics April-June 2017
- Tier 1 Visa Refusal Rate 2017- Extensions and Settlement Grants
- UK Entrepreneur Visa Success Rate 2017 and Refusal Reasons
- Tier 2 Visa Statistics April-June 2017
- UK Visa Refusal Rate from Pakistan and Reasons for Refusal
- UK Visa for Egyptian Nationals | UK Entry Clearance Grants 2017
Back to Top | Visa for UK
Related Posts on UK Immigration Blog:
- Immigration Appeal UK | Tribunal Decisions | Success Rate 2010-18.
- Appeal a UK Visa Decision | UK Immigration Appeal Procedure.
- Appeal Against Entry Clearance Refusal.
- File Immigration Appeal Against an In-Country Decision.
- Appeal Against an In-Country Decision from Outside the UK.
- UK Visa Appeal Solicitors | Immigration Appeal Success Rate.
- Appeal against First Tier Tribunal Decision.
- Judicial Review Procedure Immigration Cases.
- TOEIC Test Court Decision | In Country Right of Appeal.
- Right of Appeal Human Rights Claim Refusal.
- Rights of Appeal Immigration Act 2014.
- UK Visa Refusal Appeal or Reapply | Reapplying after Rejection.
- UK Immigration Appeal Process: Appealing Against UK Visa Refusal.
- UK Immigration Grounds of Appeal- Section 84 Immigration Act 2002.
- Notice of Appeal UK Visa and Immigration Refusal Decision.
- Appeal Against Immigration Decision: Immigration Appeal Solicitor.
- UK Visa Refusals: How to Challenge Decisions?.
- UK Visa Appeal Tribunal.
- UK Visa Judicial Review | How to Remove 10 Year Ban?.
- Appeal for UK Family Visit Visa Refusal Abolished on June 25, 2013
- Lodging an Immigration Appeal Online | UK Visa Appeal Solicitors
Back to Top | Visa for UK
Related Posts on Immigration and Appeal Wating Times:
- UK Immigration Appeal Waiting Time 2018 | First Tier Tribunal
- UK Priority Visa, Premium Service- How to Fast Track UK Visa?
- Tier 2 Priority Service Timeline | UK Priority Visa Fee
- UK Settlement Visa Processing Time | UK Spouse Visa Timelines
- Long-Term Visitor Visa UK | Processing Time, Fee, Refusals
- UK Business Visitor Visa Processing Time 2018
- UK Tourist Visa Processing Time 2018 | UK Visa Processing Times
- UK Visit Visa Processing Time 2018- Family, Tourist, Business
- UK Family Visitor Visa Processing Time 2018
- UK Visa Appeal Processing Time
- UK Visa Delay Reasons- Why UK Visa Getting Delayed 2018?
Back to Top | Visa for UK
Related Posts on Spouse Visa Blog:
- Spouse Visa Refusal Reasons UK
- Spouse Visa English Requirement
- Spouse Visa Accommodation Requirements
- Fiancé Visa UK | Requirements of Fiancé Visa in UK
- Spouse Visa Domestic Violence UK | Set DV Application
- Requirements for ILR as a Spouse | Set M Guidance
- UK Spouse Visa Extension Requirements 2018 | FLR (M) Guidance
- Spouse Visa UK 2018: Entry Clearance Requirements for Spouse
- Spouse Settlement Visa UK Grants During 2006-16