This guidance relates to UK Global Talent Visa requirements for applying leave to enter or remain and settlement (ILR) applications under the Immigration Rules. An applicant needs to score 70 points for successfully applying for the UK Global Talent visa application. Indeed, the Endorsement Letter issued by an approved UK Global Talent Visa Endorsing Body is important. Please note, the UK Global Talent visa has replaced the Tier 1 Exceptional Talent route. Therefore, at times, the UK Global Talent Visa is also erroneously referred to as t1 or Tier 1 Global Talent visa.
UK Global Talent Visa Guidance 2020
An adult above 18 years person can apply for a UK Global Talent visa if he/she is a leader or potential leader in academia or research, arts and culture, and digital technology. In fact, there is a 2-part application process. The first part is an application for endorsement and the second part is an application for entry clearance or permission to stay. Please note, there are no language or minimum salary requirements. Moreover, dependent partner/spouse and children can also apply under this route. Global Talent is a route to settlement.
The Global Talent route is for people aged 18 or over in the field of science, engineering, humanities, medicine, digital technology or arts and culture who can show they have exceptional talent or exceptional promise.
UK Global Talent Visa Application Requirements
An application for entry clearance or permission to stay on the Global Talent route needs to meet all the following requirements:
- the applicant must be at least 18 years of age on the date of the application
- payment of application fee and Immigration Health Charge
- provision of the required biometrics
- provision of a passport or other travel document to establish identity and nationality
- endorsement letter issued by a Home Office approved endorsing body in the fields of:
- if the applicant is applying for the first grant of entry clearance or permission to stay on the Global Talent route then the date of application must be no more than 3 months after the date on the endorsement letter
- the endorsement must not have been withdrawn
- If the applicant has, in the 12 months preceding the application date, received an award from a Government or international scholarship agency covering both fees and living costs for study in the UK then needs to provide a written consent from that Government or agency
- the applicant must not fall for refusal under Part 9: grounds for refusal
- a person coming to the UK on the Global Talent visa needs to apply for and obtain entry clearance before arrival. If paragraph A39 and Appendix T of the Immigration Rules is applicable then needs to provide a valid tuberculosis certificate
UK Visa Coronavirus (Covid-19) Latest Update Jan 18, 2021
A person arriving in England before 4am on 18 January 2021 is under no legal obligation to get a coronavirus test before travel. Therefore, he/she is not denied boarding for failing to provide proof of a negative test result, and will also be not fined on arrival into England.
However, from Jan 18, 2021, due to Covid-19 any one arriving in the UK needs to bring a completed passenger locator form and proof of a negative coronavirus test. Moreover, effective from Jan 18, 2021, the British Government has also suspended travel corridors. Therefore, anyone arriving in the United Kingdom after 4am on Monday 18 January will need to self-isolate for 10 days.
To know the details of UK visa Covid-19 requirements relating to Passenger Locator Form, self-isolation (quarantine), Test to Release, Travel Ban Countries, Concession Scheme, Working Hours, Exceptional Assurance for passenger arrivals, entry clearance and leave to remain (extension and ILR) applications please refer to UK Visa Coronavirus (Covid-19) Guidance
UK Global Talent Visa Coronavirus (Covid-19) Concessions
If the endorsement from an endorsing body has expired because yo have not been able to make an application for the UK Global Talent visa then you may still be eligible. The UK Global Talent visa endorsement may be acceptablte if it was granted on or after 24 January 2020 and you apply for your visa before 1 January 2021. UK Global Talent Visa Applications that do not meet the aforesaid requirements may be considered on a case by case basis.
If you’re working on coronavirus research
If you’re a scientist researching coronavirus (COVID-19), you may be able to apply for a Global Talent visa using the UKRI endorsed funder option.
A person applying for entry clearance or permission to stay on the Global Talent route must apply online on the specified form on gov.uk website as follows:
|EEA national with a chipped passport||Either:|
|• Global Talent using the UK Immigration: ID Check app (when available); or|
|• the forms listed below for applicants outside or inside the UK (as relevant)|
|Applicants outside the UK||Global Talent visa – stage 2|
|Applicants inside the UK||Global Talent permission to stay – stage 2|
Additional Requirements for UK Global Talent Extension
A person applying for permission to stay on the Global Talent route must be in the UK and must not have, or have last been granted, permission as a:
- Visitor; or
- Short-term Student; or
- Parent of a Child Student; or
- Seasonal Worker; or
- domestic worker in a private household; or
- outside the Immigration Rules
Moreover, an applicant applying for permission to stay in the UK must not be:
- in breach of immigration laws, except that where paragraph 39E applies, that period of overstaying will be disregarded; or
- on immigration bail
UK Global Talent Visa Points Requirements
For successfully applying for UK Global Talent visa application, an applicant needs to have 70 points.
|An applicant making an initial application:||70|
|• has been issued with an endorsement letter by an endorsing body; and|
|• the date of application is no more than 3 months after the date on the endorsement letter; and|
|• the endorsement has not been withdrawn by the endorsing body.|
|An applicant applying for an extension of their permission:||70|
|• has not had their endorsement withdrawn by the endorsing body; and|
|• has met the earned money requirement.|
|Total number of points required in each case||70|
Now YOU can get the Best Advice and Representation for All Types of UK Visa and Immigration Applications!
UK Global Talent Visa Supporting Documents Requirements
An applicant applying for UK Global Talent visa application needs to provide:
- a valid passport or other document for demonstrating an applicant’s identity and nationality, with a blank page in the passport for the visa vignette if he/she is from:
- outside the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein
- the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein but do not have a biometric passport with a chip in it
- an ‘endorsement letter’ from an approved endorsing body in the fields of:
- tuberculosis test results if the applicant is from a country where he/she needs to take the test
- If the applicant has, in the 12 months preceding the application date, received an award from a Government or international scholarship agency then needs to provide a written consent from that Government or agency
- certified translation of all the documents that are not in English or Welsh
UK Global Talent Visa Duration and Conditions of Stay
A migrant on the UK Global Talent visa can:
- choose how long his/her visa is for, up to 5 years
- be an employee, self-employed and a director of a company
- change or stop doing job without intimating the Home Office
- bring his/her eligible partner and children to the UK
- travel abroad and return to the UK
- renew/extend the visa as many times as he/she may like – if he/she meets the UK Global Talent visa eligibility criteria
- apply to settle permanently in the UK (also known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’) after:
- 3 years if he/she is applying as a leader
- 5 years if he/she is applying as a potential leader
A migrant on the Global Talent route cannot:
- apply for most benefits (public funds), or the State Pension
- work as a sportsperson
ILR gives a migrant the right to live, work and study in the UK and also to avail benefits.
Start YOUR admission process in UK, USA, Australia, NZ, Canada, Europe, Malaysia, Russia, China, Turkey or UAE
UK Global Talent Visa Endorsement – Stage 1
A person applying for Global Talent endorsement needs to apply on the gov.uk website for Global Talent endorsement – stage 1 online in one of the following fields:
- Arts and Culture
- Fashion Design Industry
- Film and Television
- Digital Technology
- Science, engineering, humanities and medicine fields
If the applicant intends to get endorsement by Tech Nation then needs to complete additional forms. Indeed, a person can make the application for endorsement before making the application for permission, or make both applications at the same time. However, applicants usually apply for Global Talent visa after successfully getting an endorsement letter from an approved endorsing body. Moreover, apart from other evidence, an applicant applying for UK Global Talent visa usually needs to provide letters of recommendation from well-established organisations in their field of expertise.
1. Arts and Culture
An applicant applying for UK Global Talent Visa Endorsement Stage 1 in the field of Arts and Culture needs to:
- be professionally engaged in producing outstanding performed, presented, distributed or internationally exhibited work
- show regular professional engagement in the field in the last 5 years
- show either a substantial track record in more than 1 country if evidencing exceptional talent, or a developing track record in 1 or more countries if evidencing exceptional promise
An applicant for endorsement in the field of Architecture must:
- be professionally engaged in producing outstanding presented, published or internationally exhibited work; and
- show regular professional engagement in their field in the last 5 years; and
- show a substantial track record in more than 1 country if evidencing exceptional talent or show a developing track record in 1 or more countries if evidencing exceptional promise
3. Fashion Design
An applicant for endorsement in the field of fashion design must:
- have a leading design role in the fashion business; and
- show regular professional engagement in the fashion design industry in the last 5 years; and
- if evidencing exceptional talent, show professional engagement in producing outstanding work that has been sold or exhibited internationally through catwalk or other exhibitions and a substantial track record in more than 1 country; and
- if evidencing exceptional promise, show a developing track record in 1 or more countries and professional engagement in producing outstanding work that has been recognised by leading industry players
4. Film and Television
An applicant for an exceptional talent endorsement in the field of Film and Television must show 1 of the following:
- that they have won at any time a “Main Award” which means:
- an Academy Award; or
- a British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) (film, television, television craft, Cymru, Scotland, Games awards only); or
- a Golden Globe; or
- an Emmy Award; or
- in the last 10 years they have been nominated for, or made a significant contribution to winning, or being nominated for any of the Main Awards; or
- in the last 15 years, they have achieved a minimum of 2 nominations for the Main Awards; or
- they have notable industry recognition through achieving international sales and a specified combination of awards from Pact’s Notable Industry List as set out in https://www.pact.co.uk/services/global-talent-notable-awards-list.html
5. Digital Technology
An applicant for endorsement in the field of digital technology needs to show:
- if they are a technical applicant, that they have proven technical expertise with the latest technologies in building, using, deploying or exploiting a technology stack and building technical infrastructure; or
- if they are a business applicant, that they have proven commercial investment or product expertise in building digital products or leading investments in significant digital product businesses
6. Science, engineering, humanities and medicine
An applicant for endorsement in the field of science, engineering, humanities and medicine needs to be an active researcher in an academic, industry or government research institution.
For Case Discussion and Representation
*What happens next?
Multilingual qualified London based immigration specialists will get back to you. Perhaps, usually within 2-3 working days. If you have not attached any documents, then the UK based Law firm may ask for the relevant Case-Specific Document(s) such as Refusal Letters, Deportation Orders, Application Forms etc. Moreover, after reviewing the papers and information, the legal advisor may advise a course of action and also quote the fees for processing the application.
Have a great day!