This post relates to the eligibility requirements for applying Tier-1 Investor, UK Immigration Visa
Anyone can apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa if he/she wants to invest fund to the tune of £2,000,000/- or more in the United Kingdom and is from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland.
Moreover, the applicant needs to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The Main Applicant must be 18 or above;
- The Main Applicant need to prove that the money belongs to either him/her or his/her spouse (husband, wife), unmarried or same-sex partner;
- have opened a UK bank account.
Moreover, the investment funds must be held in a regulated financial institution and are free/available to spend (‘disposable’) in the UK. At the time of the application, the funds could be either in the UK or overseas.
A Student with a Financial Sponsorship Can Apply Tier 1 Investor
Students with financial sponsorship are able to apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa if they are already in the UK and are a Tier 4 (General) visa holder, student nurse, studying, writing up a thesis or re-sitting an exam, a postgraduate doctor/dentist, an overseas qualified nurse/midwife, a student sabbatical officer.
The student needs to have an unconditional agreement in writing from their financial sponsor to either re-enter or stay in the UK if their course fees and living costs are paid by either a government or an international scholarship agency.
Related Posts on UK Visas and Immigration Blog
- Tier 1 Visa Refusal Rate 2017- Extensions and Settlement Grants.
- Leave to Enter/Remain, ILR in the UK as Spouse of a PBS Migrant.
- Tier 1 Investor Visa Indefinite Leave to Remain.
- Application for Tier 1 Investor Visa for High-Value Migrants.
- Requirements of UK PBS Tier-1 Exceptional Talent Visa
- Details of UK PBS Tier 1, Entrepreneur, Investor Visas Granted.
- Criminal Record Certificate Tier 1 Investor and Entrepreneur.
- Requirements of UK Tier-1 Investor Visa for High-Value Migrants.
- Tier 1 Entrepreneur- Fresh and Already Invested Funds.
- Details of UK Immigration and Work Visas during 2005-15.