Additional Supporting Documents Required for UK Visit Visa
Supporting Documents Required for Specific UK Visitor Visa
Supporting documents that are required to be submitted with all types of visitor visa applications are highlighted in our posts, UK Visit Visa Support Documents. Moreover, a Checklist of Sponsorship, Employment, Bank Statements, Accommodation related UK Visit Visa documents are covered in the post on UK Visit Visa Documents’ Checklist.
Accordingly, this post relates to additional documents that are required to be submitted with a specific type of UK Visitor Visa Application. For instance, if an applicant intends to make a UK Visitor Visa Application as a Marriage or Civil Partner then he/she is required to the furnish documents generally required for UK Visit Visa Application and also the Additional Documents that are covered in this post.
The post covers additional supporting documents required for making a UK Visitor Visa Applications for the following types of UK visitor visa applications:
- Medical Treatment and Organ Donors;
- Prospective Entrepreneur;
- Work-related Training;
- Performers at Permit Free Festivals;
- Approved Destination Scheme (ADS);
- Permitted Paid Engagements (PPE);
- Marriage (or Civil Partnership) Visitor;
Academics- UK Visit Visa Additional Supporting Documents
Academics Visiting UK for undertaking research (12-Months Visa)
- the visiting academic requires a letter from the present employer on the official letterhead of the establishment, enumerating the period of exchange, sabbatical, or outlining the research that will be undertaken during the visiting period;
- a letter from the host organisation in the UK confirming the arrangements for the proposed research or exchange program;
Applicants, and their accompanied Dependant Family Member(s), from countries listed in Appendix T Part 1 is(are) required to furnish a valid medical certificate issued by an authorised medical practitioner as listed in Part 2 of Appendix T of the Immigration Rules.
Additional Supporting Documents- Medical Treatment, Organ Donors
Private Medical Treatment (6 to 11 Months Visa), Requirement of Additional Supporting Documents for UK Visit Visa Applications
It is mandatory for an applicant to provide a letter from his/her doctor or a certified/authorised consultant in the United Kingdom that enumerates:
- details of the condition that necessitates/requires treatment and consultation in the UK;
- costs estimates and indicative time duration of the treatment;
- details of the treatment centre where the prescribed treatment/consultation will take place;
- for applicants applying for an eleven (11) months visa, who are residents of countries listed in Appendix T Part 1 of Immigration Rules, the applicants must provide the required valid medical certificate duly issued by medical practitioners listed in Part 2 of Appendix T of the Immigration Rules.
Private Medical Treatment- Applications for Extension of Stay in the UK, Requirement of Additional Supporting Documents
For an extension of stay application for private care/medical treatment, applicants are required to provide a Letter from a Registered Medical Practitioner.
- Who can issue the Letter? A Registered Medical Practitioner working at:
- a private practice;
- NHS hospital either holding an NHS consultant post or enlisted in the Specialist Register of the General Medical Council;
- What must the Letter Confirm? The Letter must confirm the following facts about the patient/visitor:
- Conditions requiring further treatment in the UK;
- Payment of Costs of any treatment so far received in the UK.
For further details relating to UK Visit Visa Application for Medical Treatment, please refer our posts on Permitted Activities for Medical Treatment for Visitors and Applying Long Term Visit Visa Application for Private Medical Treatment in the UK
Organ Donors- Additional Supporting Documents for UK Visit Visa Applications
Besides the aforesaid requisite documents, it is mandatory for organ donors to provide a letter confirming:
- Genuine Intentions of the Organ Donor – that the organ donor genuinely intends to donate an organ to a particular individual with whom the organ donor has a personal or genetic relationship;
- Endorsement of a Confirmed Match – an endorsement that the organ donor is a confirmed match to the identified individual, i.e. the recipient, OR is in the process of undergoing further tests for establishing that he/she is a confirmed match;
- the date of the proposed transplant;
- name of the medical institute/hospital where the proposed operation/tests are to be conducted;
It is mandatory that the letter above is from either one of the followings:
- a lead nurse or a coordinator of NHS Trust’s living donor kidney transplant team;
- a registered medical practitioner who either holds NHS consultant post or appears on the specialist register of the General Medical Council;
Organ donors also need to submit a document clearly stating that the beneficial recipient is a legal resident of the UK. This can be proved by enclosing a copy of the British passport or residence permit of the recipient. If the recipient is also applying for a visa with the Organ Donor, then the applicant must provide the details such as name, nationality, date of birth of the recipient.
Prospective Entrepreneur, Required Supporting Documents
A prospective entrepreneur is required to submit a Letter in support of his/her application from:
- either one or more than one registered venture capital firms that are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the UK;
- either one or more than one UK based entrepreneurial seed funding competitions;
- either one or more than one UK government’s departments;
An inability to provide the above letter/documents will limit subsequent switching for Tier-1 (Entrepreneur) inside the UK.
Additional Supporting Documents for Work-Related Training
A letter from General Medical Council & Nursing and Midwifery Council is required to confirm the arrangements for the following tests:
- Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board Test;
- Objective Structured Clinical Examination Test;
For an unpaid clinical attachment or dental observer post following confirmations are mandatory:
- a written confirmation to take up the offer;
- confirmation that an applicant has not previously undertaken the activity in the UK;
Performers at Permit Free Festivals- UK Visit Visa Documents
An invitation letter from the event organisers of permit free festival(s) confirming:
- dates of the performances;
- details of payments that an applicant will be receiving for taking part in the event;
Approved Destination Scheme (ADS)- UK Visit Visa Documents
Please check the details at specific guidance for ADS visitors
Permitted Paid Engagement PPE UK Visit Visa Additional Documents
For applying Permitted Paid Engagement visitor visa, an applicant is required to provide an Invitation Letter from the relevant UK-based organisation, for instance:
- Higher Education Institution (HEI);
- research institution;
- sports organisation;
- organisation in the entertainment industries;
- organisation in the creative arts;
- aviation-related training institution that is regulated by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) of the UK;
It is mandatory for an applicant to provide conclusive evidence of the professional status in her/his home country, depending on the type of engagement that an applicant is doing for:
- Lecturers and Examiners – publications and evidence of past lectures in the field of expertise, along with a letter from the employer confirming and detailing the lecturer’s/examiner’s bonafide;
- Entertainers, Artists and Sports Professionals – need to furnish documents/evidence relating to:
- evidence of awards;
- publicity material for performances, talks, screenings concerts, readings and exhibitions;
- proof of recent performances;
- media coverage and reviews;
- Air Pilot Examiners – needs to provide document ascertaining membership with his/her native country’s national aviation authority, for instance, membership of the Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) is required for an applicant with a USA citizenship;
- Lawyers – a practising certificate or good standing certificate or equivalent/similar document;
Marriage or Civil Partnership Visitor- Additional Documents
In case an applicant in the past has remained married, or in a civil partnership then the applicant needs to give documents to demonstrate that the applicant is legally free to marry or form a bond of civil partnership again.
Evidence such as a letter from a UK Registry Office to demonstrate that necessary arrangements have been undertaken for the proposed marriage or civil partnership.
For further details on Marriage or Civil Visitor Visa, please refer our post on Marriage and Civil Partner Visitor Visa UK
Transit Visitor- Additional Supporting Documents UK Visa
The Transit Visitors are required to demonstrate that an onward journey from the United Kingdom has been confirmed/booked, which is either within twenty-four (24) hours of arrival in the UK for Direct Airside Transit or forty-eight (48) hours of the applicant’s arrival in the UK for Visitor in Transit such as:
- travel booking confirmation (can be in the form of an email or a hard copy of the tickets);
- confirmation from a travel agent;
Evidence to demonstrate that applicant is assured entry into an onward country that the applicant is travelling to, for instance, valid visa, a residence permit, or a green card.
In case the applicant is not a resident or national of the onward destination, then the applicant needs to provide evidence to demonstrate the reason for travel, such as a holiday booking confirmation.