This relates to Tier 1 Entrepreneur Team as two migrants may make a joint application under the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) route and may claim points for the same investment and business activity with another person. It is expedient to form a genuine entrepreneurial team and not to create a team for reducing the financial burden per applicant. A team consists of one entrepreneur and one inactive member to dilute the investment requirement may represent abuse of the route.
A team consisting of close family member such a father forming an entrepreneurial team with above 18 years old daughter is quite practical. A team consisting of already business partners is also maintainable. Since it is very rare to form a business partnership with a total stranger, similarly an entrepreneurial team of two strangers without any common background may not hold sway- and may look like a marriage convenience for immigration purpose!
Tier 1 Entrepreneur Team | Appendix A Immigration Rules
In terms of Paragraph 52 of the Appendix A Attributes for Tier 1 Entrepreneur, two applicants, but no more than two applicants, may claim points for the same investment, available funds, jobs created and business activity in Tables 4, 5 or 6 (of Appendix A Immigration Rules) provided all of the following requirements are met:
(a) The applicants have equal level of control over the funds and (where relevant) equal status as owners, directors and/or members of the business or businesses in question.
(b) The applicants are both shown by name, passport number and (where relevant) Points-Based System reference number in each other’s applications and in the specified evidence required in the relevant table.
(c) Neither applicant has previously been granted leave as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrant on the basis of investment and/or business activity linked in this way with any applicant other than each other, if the same funds were relied on in a previous application.
Points for Available Funds
Please note no points are awarded for money that is made available to any individual other than the applicant, except:
- under the terms of paragraph 52 above; or
- where the money is held in a joint account with the applicant’s spouse, civil partner or partner (defined as a person who has been living together with the applicant in a relationship akin to a marriage or civil partnership for at least two years prior to the date of application), and that spouse or partner is not (and is not applying to be) another Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrant.
Investment, Job Creation and Business Activity
No points is awarded for investment, job creation and business activity shared with another Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) applicant, except under the terms of paragraph 52.
If the applicant is not the sole member or director in their business, they must provide confirmation of the names of the other members or directors and whether any of the other members or directors are also Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrants.
For other members or directors, an applicant is required to provide the dates the other persons became members or directors and whether they are applying under the provisions in paragraph 52 of Appendix A and if they have made (or are making at the same time) an application in which they claimed points for creating jobs, the names of the jobholders in question.
Back to Top | Tier 1 Entrepreneur Team
Posts on PBS Tier 1 Immigration:
- Requirements of UK Tier-1 Investor Visa for High-Value Migrants
- Tier 1 Investor Visa Indefinite Leave to Remain
- Application for Tier 1 Investor Visa for High-Value Migrants
- Details of UK PBS Tier 1, Entrepreneur and Investor Visas Granted
- Criminal Record Certificate Tier 1 Investor and Entrepreneur
- Requirements of UK PBS Tier-1 Exceptional Talent Visa
- Immigration Judicial Review Success Rate | Tier 1, Visitor Visa
- Tier 1 Visa Refusal Rate 2017- Extensions and Settlement Grants
- UK Entrepreneur Visa Success Rate
- Tier 1 Entrepreneur English Requirement | Appendix B
- Tier 1 Entrepreneur Maintenance Funds | Appendix C
- Attributes for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Immigration Rules Appendix A
- Leave to Enter/Remain, ILR in the UK as Child of a PBS Migrant
- Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK
- Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension Application | Leave to Remain
- Tier 1 Entrepreneur Entry Clearance Guidance | 245DB
- How to Apply for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa?
- Tier 1 Entrepreneur Requirement of Scoring 95 Points
- Tier 1 Entrepreneur Business Visa Applications by Nationality
- Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa Requirements, Processing Times, Fee
- Tier-1 Entrepreneur Money held in Regulated Financial Institution
- Tier 1 Entrepreneur- Fresh and Already Invested Funds
- Tier 1 Entrepreneur Maintenance Funds Proof
- Tier 1 Entrepreneur Team- UK Business Immigration
- Genuine Entrepreneur Test- Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa UK
- UK Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa- Requirements and Immigration Rules