Deception: False Documents, Refusal under 320(7A), V 3.6
This relates to consideration when an applicant applying for entry clearance has submitted a false document with his/her application and the application is refused under Mandatory General Grounds for Refusal under paragraph 320(7A) of the Immigration Rules. For visitors, refusal under paragraph V 3.6 of Appendix V.
An application is refused under paragraph 320(7A) if there is an evidence that a false document has been submitted. Such an application are refused even if:
- the false document is not relevant to the application or the decision;
- the applicant does not know that the document is false.
An Examination of the Documents, Checks on Evidence is Required
To be satisfied that a document is false, one of the following needs to be undertaken:
- examination of the document and filling in a document examination report (DER) – findings must be set out to justify the decision that the document is false, and photographic evidence must be included where needed;
- have evidence, as a result of the checks, that the document is false and fill in a document verification report (DVR);
- show that the document is identical to another document on which there is a current and reliable evidence that it is false – for example, the body which issued the document has either given information on security features or already told that an identical document is false;
- have an admission from the applicant that they used a false document – this must be either in writing or recorded in the question and answer notes.
Reasons for UK Visa Refusals on Mandatory General Grounds and Appealing/Challenging a Refusal and 10 Year Ban Decision
If you like to know about Reasons for UK Visa Refusal on Mandatory General Grounds than may check out our post on Reasons for Refusing a UK Visa on Mandatory General Grounds.
If you have got a 10-year ban under paragraph 320(7A) or V 3.6 of Appendix V for visitors then you may need to consult an appropriate UK Visa Immigration Solicitor. For information you may read our posts: Judicial Review to Challenge UK Visa Refusals and Bans and Remedies for UK Visa Refusal- Reapply, Appeal, Judicial Review.
Related: Judicial Review to Challenge UK Visa Refusals and Bans, Types of UK Visa Refusal on General Grounds, Reasons for Refusing a UK Visa on Mandatory General Grounds, Refusal on General Grounds- Purpose NOT Covered in the Rules