This relates to UK Priority Visa Service and UK Visa Premium Service to Fast Track UK Visa Processing Time. Accordingly, the post explains all types of UK priority visa processing service and UK visa premium service from outside and inside the UK. The purpose of UK priority visa service and UK visa premium service is only to fast track UK visa processing time and certainly not to influence the decision. Apparently, UK priority and premium services are optional user pay services, which are exclusive to the application fee. Please note: these services are not available for all types of visa applications. Accordingly, an applicant needs to pay the standard application fee and if applicable then also the applicable immigration health surcharge. Finally, the UK priority visa service and UK visa premium service are for processing a straightforward case and not complex applications.
Fast Track UK Visa Processing Time from Inside and Outside the UK
To fast track UK visa processing time from Inside and Outside the UK, a number of priority and super priority services are available. However, premium and super premium services are mostly available from inside the UK. Moreover, people inadvertently, refer priority service to premium service. Likewise, applicants mistakenly refer super priority service to super premium service.
The post has four sections. The first section explains the priority, premium and super premium visa services from inside the UK. The second section informs about the priority non-settlement and settlement services from outside the UK. Moreover, the post will also discuss super priority service, which is only available in a very few UK visa application centres. The third section relating to UK visa from USA.
Finally, the post will discuss the reasons for UK priority visa delay and when not to use priority and premium service.
Priority, Premium and Super-Premium Visa Service from Inside the UK
- UK Priority Visa Processing Service 10 Days
- UK Premium Visa Service or Same Day Processing Service available at Premium Service Centres across the UK
- Super Premium Service or Mobile Service 24 Hours
- Who Can’t Use Premium or Super-Premium Service
UK Priority and Super-Priority Visa Service from Outside the UK
- Priority Visa Service (non settlement) 5 Days
- Priority Visa Service UK Settlement 30 Days
- Super-Priority Visa Service 24 Hours
UK Priority Visa and Super Priority Service in the USA
- Priority Visa Service USA for Non Settlement Applications
- Settlement Priority Service USA
- Super Priority Visa UK USA
UK Priority Visa Delay
- When it is advisable not to use priority service?
- Delays in UK Visa Processing & Spouse Settlement Priority Service
- Min Correspondance During UK Visa Assessment Process
Fast Track UK Visa Processing Time from Inside the UK
From inside the UK, there are three services for expediting/fast-tracking the UK Visa Processing viz. Priority Service, Premium Service Centres and Super Premium Service.
Priority Visa Service UK 10 Days
The price of Priority service from inside the UK is £459 and the service standard is to process a straightforward application within 10 working days. Moreover, it is available for applicants applying to remain on a temporary basis including as, Tier 1 General and Entrepreneurs, Spouses, Workers, Organisations seeking to Sponsor a Worker, and Students.
UK Visa Premium Service or Same Day Service
Premium or same day visa processing facility is available at Premium Service Centres for a fee of £610, inclusive of £100 appointment booking fee. This service can be used for extension applications (‘limited leave to remain’) and permanent settlement applications (ILR). However, an applicant needs to visit a premium service centre for availing UK visa premium service for extension and settlement.
Moreover, an applicant must have all the requisite information to enable premium service centre to provide same day service. Finally, depending on the circumstances and documentation of the applicant, it may take longer to reach a decision due to extra checks and verifications.
UK Visa Premium Service Centres for Same Day Service
Furthermore, the UK visa premium service centres are in available in:
- Belfast – Her Majesty’s Passport Office, Law Society House, 90-106 Victoria Street, Belfast, BT1 3GN
- Cardiff – Cardiff premium service centre, General Buildings, Ground floor, 31-33 Newport Road, Cardiff, Wales
- Croydon – Croydon premium service centre, Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon, CR9 2BY
- Glasgow – Glasgow premium service centre, Festival Court, 200 Brand Street, Govan Glasgow, G51 1DH
- Liverpool – Liverpool premium service centre, The Capital Building, 6 Union Street, Liverpool, L3 9PP
- London – this centre only entertains Tier 2 and Tier 5 applications. London premium service centre, Globe House, 1st floor, 89 Eccleston, Square, London, SW1V 1PN
- Sheffield – Sheffield premium service centre, Vulcan House, Riverside entrance, 6 Millsands, Sheffield, S3 8NU
- Solihull – Solihull premium service centre, Dominion Court, 41 Station Road, Solihull, Birmingham, B91 3RT
UK Visa Super Premium Service 24 Hours
For applicants, who can afford, there is a Super Premium Service, which is a mobile service and costs £10,500 per visit, plus the premium service fee.
It is an extension of Premium Service and is a mobile service i.e. a courier collects application forms and documents and for biometrics information staff of the premium service centre visits the applicant. An applicant chooses the location and time of the visit (b/w midday and 3:00 PM, Mon-Fri). The application is usually decided within 24 hours.
Who Can’t Use Premium or Super-Premium Service
According to UKVI, the following types of applicants are ineligible for the use of premium or super-premium service:
You can’t use the premium service if you’re applying under Tier 1 (Investor).
You can’t use the premium or super premium service if you’re:
- a business person, innovator, sole representative or investor
- a Turkish business person
- a self-employed lawyer
- applying under Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur)
- intending to apply under Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)
- applying for Stage 1 endorsement under Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent)
- a Gurkha
- a retired person of independent means
- still in the armed forces and exempt from immigration rules and requirements
- a member of a diplomatic mission or one of their dependants
- someone whose case is complex because of personal circumstances
- sponsored by a member of staff at a premium service centre
- applying for a Home Office travel document
- applying for naturalisation or registration as a UK national
- someone whose case isn’t covered by the Immigration Rules
- applying as a victim of domestic violence
- applying for an European Economic Area (EEA) residence card or permanent residence card
- an elderly dependant
- applying for an EEA registration certificate as an unmarried partner
- a seaman
- applying for an EEA registration certificate and you’re not a qualified person
applying for proof of a right of abode
You also can’t use the premium or super premium service if you’re applying for discretionary leave to remain or humanitarian protection unless:
- you’re applying under the transitional arrangements to extend your discretionary leave after 3 years
- you’re applying to settle in the UK after 6 years discretionary leave
UK Priority Visa Service from Outside the UK
The UK Priority Service from outside the UK is available for settlement as well as non-settlement visa applications such as visit, work and study from most of the UK Visa Applications Centres (UKVACs). Moreover, at a few UKVACs, Super Priority Visa Service is also available.
Priority Visa Service (non settlement) 5 Days
The cost of priority visa service (non settlement) is £212. Moreover, the service standard of UK priority visa processing service (non settlement) is 5 working days. Therefore, instead of 15-30 days (or 3-6 weeks) waiting time for the Standard Visa Service, an applicant is quite likely to get a decision within a week’s time by using the priority visa service (non settlement).
UK Priority Visa Processing Service is not for influencing the decision
If an applicant can afford and intends to get the decision as soon as possible then may opt for UK priority visa processing service. However, if an applicant thinks that by using a priority service he/she will get the visa then the applicant is mistaken. Therefore, UK priority visa processing service is not meant for influencing the decision.
Do Applicants Really Use UK Priority Visa Processing Service?
Information available at UK Family, Business, Tourist and Long Term Visit Visa Processing Times indicates that apart from a few exceptions at an average approx. 40-60% of the visitor visa applications are decided within 5 working days.
90% of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98% within 6 weeks and 100% within 12 weeks of the application date (where 1 week is 5 working days)
Priority Settlement Processing Time 30 Days
The settlement visas from outside the UK takes 12-24 weeks (60-120 working days). Therefore, at times perhaps it is quite expedient to use the Settlement Priority Service. The service cost £551 per application; however, the service standard is to process settlement applications within 30 working days or 6 weeks. Furthermore, information available at UK Settlement Visa Processing Time indicates that 25-50% settlement applications decide within 30 days. Accordingly, this indicates the ever-increasing use of the priority settlement visa service.
UKVI’s Service Standard- 95% of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date and 100% within 24 weeks of the application date (where 1 week is 5 working days)
Super-Priority Visa Service 24 Hours
The Super-priority visa service is the same day service and costs £919. However, the service is not available in most of the countries and it is also not available for settlement visa application processing. For instance, super priority visa service in India is only available at UKVAC New Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai for visitor visas, Tier 2 and Tier 5 visa applications.
UK Priority Visa and Super Priority Service in the USA
For UK visa from USA, there are a number of priority and super priority visa services. The services are:
- Priority Visa Service USA for Non Settlement Applications
- Settlement Priority Service USA
- Super Priority Visa UK USA
Priority Visa Service USA for Non Settlement Applications
For applicants intending to apply for a non-settlement UK visa from the USA, there are two methods of availing the priority visa service.
Pay Online USD294 for Priority Service
An applicant can pay USD294 for the priority visa service online on the VFS Global website. Afterwards, the applicant may take print of the receipt and includes it with the application. On the outer envelope, the applicant should write ‘priority service’ in large black print and mail the envelope at VFS Services USA Inc, UKVI Scanning Hub, 750 Third Avenue, Suite 946, New York, NY 10017.
Pay USD775 for Silver Premium Package
Alternatively, an applicant can opt for purchasing VFS Silver Premium Package which costs USD775. The package has 5 services, inclusive of priority visa service. For the information and convenience of the applicants, the service features of VFS silver package are:
- Priority Visa Service – to put application at the front of the queue
- Application and Document Checks – review of all the supporting documents required by VFS staff
- Certification – facility to keep hold of the original documents of an applicant
- Courier Service – after the decision, passport delivers directly to an applicant’s home or office
- SMS Service – instant visa application updates on applicant’s cell phone
Settlement Priority Service USA
Applicants can pay USD793 online for settlement priority service from the USA. Alternatively, for applicants in the USA, VFS Global offers a US$1,900 deluxe settlement service package. The service package includes 8 services inclusive of the priority service. For the convenience of such applicants, the details of the VFS deluxe settlement package are as under:
- Priority Visa for settlement or migration service to put an application at the front of the queue
- Form Filling Assistance Personal assistance, on the phone or in person
- Application and Document Checks – review of all the supporting documents required
- Keep My Passport When Applying – service to retain passport during the processing
- Certification – service to keep hold of the original documents
- Courier Service – delivery of passport directly to either home or office address of an applicant
- SMS Service – instant visa application updates sent to your phone
- Registered Traveller Assistance – help in registering for faster clearance at the UK borders
Super Priority Visa UK USA
Applicants in the USA can use super priority to receive a decision within 24 hours. For super priority visa service in the USA, VFS offers a USD1,800 Gold Premium Package.
Using the Super Priority Visa service does not imply or guarantee in any way that your visa application will be successful.
Pay USD1,800 for Gold Premium Package
The package includes the following services, inclusive of super priority visa service:
- Super Priority Visa – to get a UK visa decision within 24 hours
- Walk-in Without Appointment – to apply for the visa without making a booking in advance
- Form Filling Assistance – personal assistance on the phone or in person
- Application and Document Checks – to ensure that supporting documents are appropriate
- Certification – to keep hold of original documents
- Courier Service – passport delivery at an applicant’s home or office address
- SMS Service – instant updates on mobile
- Health Concierge – free health concierge
- Registered Traveller Assistance – to expedite entry clearance at the UK borders
Eligible Routes to Avail the Super Priority Visa
The super priority visa UK USA is for the following types of UK visa applications from the USA:
- Standard visitor visa for tourism and other short-stay visitor visas
- PBS Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent)
- If an applicant has an authority to live in the USA then can apply for PBS Tier 2 and Tier 5 applicants
- PBS Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) and Tier 5 (Temporary worker – Creative and Sporting) if an applicant is in the USA for a similar purpose
- PBS Tier 4 student visas – for applicants who are in the USA and are subject to different documentary requirements under the PBS Tier 4 Student route
- settlement in the UK (Immigration Rules Appendix FM: family members) using the settlement premium service (Bronze, Silver and Gold services are not available for settlement applications)
Super Priority Premium Application Centres in the USA
The super priority visa UK USA is only available through the following 10 premium application centres in the USA:
- New York Premium Application Centre – 845 Third Avenue, Floor 6, New York, NY 10022
- San Francisco Premium Application Centre – 315 Montgomery Street, Floor 10, San Francisco, CA 94104
- Los Angeles Premium Application Centre – 1901 Avenue of the Stars, Floor 2, Los Angeles, CA 90067
- Washington DC Premium Application Centre – 1025 Vermont Avenue NW, Floor 2, Washington, DC 20005
- Miami Premium Application Centre – 2655 S Le Jeune Road, Penthouse 1A, Coral Gables, FL 33134
- Chicago Premium Application Centre – 564 West Randolph St, Floor 2, Chicago, IL 60661
- Houston Premium Application Centre – 700 Milam Street, Suite 1300, Houston, TX 77002
- Boston Premium Application Centre – 160 Federal Street, Suite #1700, Boston, MA 02110
- Atlanta Premium Application Centre – 100 Peachtree Street NW, Floor 22, Atlanta, GA 30303
- Seattle Premium Application Centre – 701 Fifth Avenue, Suite 4200, Seattle, WA 98104
Delay in UK Priority Visa Processing Time
UK priority or premium service is only to fast track UK visa processing time for a straightforward and well-documented case. Apparently, these services do not have any influence on the outcome; however, certainly, an applicant may use these services if the focus is to get the decision as quickly as possible. Perhaps, in most of the cases, it is quite futile to use these services merely to increase the balance of probability for getting a positive decision.
When it is advisable not to use priority service?
Certainly, if the case is not straightforward and well-documented then it is quite inevitable to experience delays. Accordingly, it is not advisable to use these services where an applicant:
- has either been refused a visa (for UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the USA, or the Schengen countries) or leave to enter the UK and/or;
- has either overstayed or been deported, removed, or otherwise required to leave the UK, and/or;
- leave to remain in the UK was curtailed by the Home Office, and/or;
- refused leave to remain in the UK by the Home Office, and/or;
- was interviewed, detained, or prosecuted by the police for any offence in the United Kingdom or elsewhere, and/or;
- has an unspent criminal conviction in any country, and/or;
- has committed a criminal offence in any country.
Accordingly, if the application is not straightforward and well-documented then in spite of paying the service charges for UK priority visa service or UK visa premium service, an applicant may experience delays in the UK Visa Processing Time delays beyond the stated service standards.
Delays in UK Visa Processing & Spouse Settlement Priority Service
In some circumstances, applications require further assessment which can take longer than the published customer service standards of UKVI. If an application is going to take longer than expected the UKVI will inform the applicant accordingly.
Min Correspondance During UK Visa Assessment Process
Applicants should keep their correspondence to a minimum during the consideration process. If an applicant intends to track the progress of an application then may contact the UKVI’s enquiry service from inside and outside the UK. Although, the staff of UKVI is usually very polite and considerate; however, they cannot give any advice about the personal circumstances of an applicant. Therefore, ask questions for which they can give answers!
Related posts on UK visa and immigration applications waiting time: UK Visa Processing Time After Biometrics, Spouse Settlement Visa Timelines, UK Visa Delay Reasons: Why UK Visa Getting Delayed 2018?, Tier 2 Priority Service Timeline, Business Visitor Visa Processing Time, UK Visit Visa Processing Time, Family Visa Timelines and UK Visa Timelines Spouse, AR, JR, ILR Appeals Inside & Outside UK. And also UK visa processing time from Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Russia, India, UAE, Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq and Turkey