One needs to Apply UK Standard Visitor Visa for different permissible visit activities in the UK; however, the most common purposes are meeting family, attending a business meeting or just tourism for enjoying the sights and sounds of Great Britain.
Visit Visa for UK is a Bit Difficult to Get Since April 2015
Since the implementation of the New Immigration Rules in April 2015, it has become slightly more difficult to get the UK Visitor Visa. However, if an applicant is able to clarify the purpose of visiting the UK in the application and properly documents the visa application then there are very good chances of getting the UK Visa.
What Needs to be proved?
The Grant or Refusal of visit visa for UK largely depends on: how one applies the Visa so as to establish that he/she will travel to the UK and will Return to the Home Country after performing the permitted family, tourist, business, medical or study activities in the UK.
Visit Visa for UK: How the Visa Applications are Evaluated?
The visitor visa applications are assessed on a Balance of Probability and the Onus of Proof is on the Applicant. Therefore, an applicant is required to furnish Supporting Documents and Additional Supporting Documents for establishing his/her ties in the Home Country.
Refusal of a UK Visitor Visa
If an applicant is not able to establish his/her bonafide in the application then instead of a visa, the passport is returned with a Refusal Letter stating the reasons for refusing the visitor visa application. In more than 80–90% of the visitor visa applications the common reasons relate to establishing income i.e. origination of funds in the bank statement from employment or business, especially large deposits in the bank statements, which do not commensurate with the stated income of an applicant.
Moreover, quite a few applications are refused/banned on General Grounds due to past adverse immigration history- over-stayers, deportation, removals- or submitting false documents or making false statements in the application/during the interview. Please note: in case of a BAN, any future applications are automatically refused up-to 10 years. Therefore, if an applicant deems that the BAN is not justified then he/she needs to the challenge the refusal through a Judicial Review, as there is No Right of Appeal even for the Family Visitors since June 25, 2013.
For a simple refusal it is possible to reapply; however, keeping in view the nature and details of the refusal an applicant can decide whether to Challenge a Refusal Decision or Reapply after Rejection. An authorized immigration solicitor can either challenge a refusal decision on behalf of an applicant or represents a UK Standard Visitor Visa Application or Reapplication.
Long Term Visa for Frequent Visits to the UK
If an applicant has applied a Long Term UK Visit Visa for 2, 5 or 10 years then the purpose of frequently visiting needs to be clearly defined- such as visiting a family member on a regular basis (once or twice a year), regular business meetings, or just travelling to the UK for tourism purpose because of affinity to the Sounds and Sights of the UK. However, it is important to note that a visitor can’t stay for more than 180 days during a single visit on a long-term visitor visa.
How Quickly UK Visitor Visas are Processed?
The service standard of UKVI is to process 100% of the visit visa applications within 12 weeks, with a standard of processing 90% and 98% applications within 15 working days (3 weeks) and 30 working days (6 weeks), respectively.
An applicant can FAST TRACK UK Visitor Visa Application by purchasing Priority Service, which costs GBP 184/- per non-settlement application. The service standard for UK Priority Visa of UKVI for processing straightforward non-settlement visa applications from outside the UK is 5 working days. Here it is important to note that the purchase of a priority visa service does not have any impact on the outcome of the decision but only to FAST TRACK the decision process.
What is the UK Visa Refusal Rate?
The UK Visa Refusal Rate varies over time Refusal Rate 2005-15 and it varies from region to region UK Visa Refusal Rate 2017 by Geographical Regions and also from country to country Europe, North Africa, East Asia, South Asia, Middle East, Central and South America, USA and Canada, Australia and New Zealand, South East Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Why UK Visa Refusal Rate is Higher in Some Countries?
On a macro level, the disparity in the UK Visa Refusal Rates is due to the difference in the Security Risk perception of the respective countries.
On an individual level, it is the level of documentation that matters i.e. if an individual is earning but there is no proper documentation available then there is no cogent evidence for establishing the earnings/income. Accordingly, the level of economic development has a correlation with the UK Visa Refusal Rate i.e. East Asian countries such as Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea has a well documented economic system, therefore, applicants can readily prove income details through bank statements, income tax returns, suppliers’ contracts, rental agreements, salary slips etc. Moreover, nationals from high-income countries are quite less prone to live illegally in the UK. For instance, Japanese nationals instead of applying for UK Visa Application can get a 6 months entry clearance on arrival in the UK.
Back to Top | UK Visit Visa 2018
Related Posts on UK Visitor Visa:
- UK Visit Visa Solicitors for Applications, Reapply, Refusals, JRs
- Standard Visitor Visa UK
- Parent of Tier 4 Child Visa
- Marriage Visitor Visa UK
- Permitted Paid Engagement Visitor Visa
- UK Visit Visa Extension- Can I Extend My UK Visitor Visa?
- Proof of Ties to Home Country UK Visa
- UK Visa Document Requirements | UK Visitor Visa Checklist
- Add’l Supporting Documents for Specific Type of UK Visitor Visas
- UK Visitor Visa Refusal Reasons for Family, Business and Tourists
- UK Visitor Visa Assessment, Requirements and Refusal Reasons
- Long-Term Visit Visa UK Multiple Entry Visa Rules
- UK Sponsor Documents | UK Visitor Visa Funds Requirements
- UK Family Visitor Visa | UK Tourist Visitor Visa General Guidance
- UK Business Visitor Visa Requirements: Permitted Activities
- Can I Study in the UK on a Visitor Visa?
- UK Medical Treatment Visa Requirements | Permitted Activities
- Long-Term Private Medical Treatment Visitor Visa UK
- UK Child Visitor Visa Application for Children Under 16 Years
- UK Visitor Visa | Can I Switch a Visitor Visa to a Work Visa?
- Applying for UK Visitor Visa after Tier 4 Student Visa
- Business Visitor Visa UK Requirements | UK C Visit Business Visa
- Suitability of UK Visitor Visa | Visa Cancellation UK
Back to Top | UK Visit Visa 2018
Related Posts on Immigration Appeals and Judicial Review:
- Immigration Appeal UK | Tribunal Decisions | Success Rate 2010-18.
- Appeal a UK Visa Decision | UK Immigration Appeal Procedure.
- Appeal Against Entry Clearance Refusal.
- File Immigration Appeal Against an In-Country Decision.
- Appeal Against an In-Country Decision from Outside the UK.
- UK Visa Appeal Solicitors | Immigration Appeal Success Rate.
- Appeal against First Tier Tribunal Decision.
- Judicial Review Procedure Immigration Cases.
- TOEIC Test Court Decision | In Country Right of Appeal.
- Right of Appeal Human Rights Claim Refusal.
- Rights of Appeal Immigration Act 2014.
- UK Visa Refusal Appeal or Reapply | Reapplying after Rejection.
- UK Immigration Appeal Process: Appealing Against UK Visa Refusal.
- UK Immigration Grounds of Appeal- Section 84 Immigration Act 2002.
- Notice of Appeal UK Visa and Immigration Refusal Decision.
- Appeal Against Immigration Decision: Immigration Appeal Solicitor.
- UK Visa Refusals: How to Challenge Decisions?.
- UK Visa Appeal Tribunal.
- UK Visa Judicial Review | How to Remove 10 Year Ban?.
- Appeal for UK Family Visit Visa Refusal Abolished on June 25, 2013
- Lodging an Immigration Appeal Online | UK Visa Appeal Solicitors.
Back to Top | UK Visit Visa 2018
Related Posts on UK Immigration Statistics and Refusal Rates:
- UK Visa Refusal Rate 2017 by Geographical Regions
- UK Visa Refusal Rate by Country 2017 | Middle East
- UK Visa Refusal Rate 2017 from South Asia
- UK Visa Applications from East Asia
- UK Visa Refusal Rate by Country 2017 South East Asia
- UK Visa Applications from North African Countries
- UK Visa Applications from Central and South American Countries
- UK Visa Applications from Europe
- UK Visa Applications from Sub-Saharan African Countries
- UK Visa Applications from Australia and New Zealand
- UK Visa Applications from Refugees and Stateless
- UK Visas Entry Clearance Statistics
- British Citizenship Refusal Rate
- Immigration Judicial Review Success Rate | Tier 1, Visitor Visa
- British Citizenship Reasons for Rejection
- Spouse Visa UK Success Rate | UK Settlement Statistics 2006-16
- UK Work Visa Statistics April-June 2017
- Tier 1 Visa Refusal Rate 2017- Extensions and Settlement Grants
- UK Entrepreneur Visa Success Rate
- Details of UK PBS Tier 1, Entrepreneur and Investor Visas Granted
- Tier 2 Visa Statistics April-June 2017
- UK Visa Refusal Rate from Pakistan and Reasons for Refusal
- UK Visa for Egyptian Nationals | UK Entry Clearance Grants 2017
- Visa for UK | UK Visa Refusal Rate During 2005-17