This guidance relates to UK visit visa requirements from Pakistan in 2020, especially for those Pakistani citizens who wish to apply for tourist and family visitor visa for London, England, for very first time – with reference to Coronavirus (Covid-19) restrictions. Therefore, explains how to apply for family visitor and tourist applications and meet the UK visit visa requirements from Pakistan? Moreover, also provides a checklist of the documents required for UK tourist and family visitor visa from Pakistan.
1. How to Apply?
UK Visit Visa Application Requirements from Pakistan
The UK visit visa application requirements from Pakistan usually consists of the following steps:
- Specify the Purpose of Visiting the UK
- Fill the Online Application Form
- Schedule an Appointment
- Pay the Application Fees
- Upload/Prepare the Documents Bunch
- Biometrics at UKVAC
- Wait for the Decision
- Passport Collection from UKVAC
Now YOU can get the Best Advice and Representation for All Types of UK Visa and Immigration Applications!
1. Specify the Purpose | UK Visit Visa Requirements from Pakistan
In most of the instances, the purpose of visiting the UK from Pakistan is tourism, meeting family members, business. Therefore, the first step is important for a person to first specify the purpose of applying for UK visit visa from Pakistan. And then start gathering the required supporting documents to apply for the UK visit visa from Pakistan.
2. Fill the UK Visit Visa Online Application Form
An applicant can apply online for any type of UK visa and immigration application. Moreover, an applicant has the option of reading the questions in Urdu. However, an applicant can answer only in English. After selecting a language for reading the questions, one needs to select Pakistan as the country of the application. Accordingly, after completing an application form, an applicant needs to attend an appointment at one of the UK Visa Application (UKVAC) in Pakistan. Indeed, an applicant needs to fill the following sections of the online application form:
- Travel Information
- Personal Information
- Passport Details
- Spouse/Partner Details
- Dependant Details
- Parent Details
- Employment, Income and Expenditure
- Accommodation Details
- Travel History (UK)
- Travel history (other)
- Other History
- Convictions and other Penalties
- Medical Treatment
- Extra Information
- English Language
For further details, please refer to UK Tourist Visa 2020: how to fill the online application form?
3. Schedule Appointment | UK Visit Visa Requirements Pakistan
Once an applicant has reviewed and finalised the application then can select the service the service type (standard or priority). And accordingly, can schedule an appointment at one of the UKVACs in Pakistan i.e. Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi and Mirpur (AJK). An applicant can fast track a UK visit visa from Pakistan by purchasing the priority service. Evidently, the priority service fees for UK visit visa from Pakistan is ₨45,456/- and enables fast tracking an application within 5 working days or 1 week instead of 3-12 weeks. Please note: a great majority of applicants erroneously refer to priority visa as premium or express visa from Pakistan. Therefore, the UK premium or express visa fees are the same as that for the priority visa.
4. Fee Payment | UK Visit Visa Requirements Pakistan
Perhaps, paying the application fees is a mandatory requirement for completing and finalizing the UK visit visa from Pakistan. Therefore, once an applicant has scheduled the appointment and selected the service type then can proceed forward to make payment online. And may take a print out of the final online application form of UK visit visa from Pakistan.
5. Supporting Documents | UK Visit Visa Requirements
Quite clearly, the requirements of submitting the required supporting documents with the application for UK visit visa from Pakistan is the same as that for any other visa national. Therefore, an applicant applying for a UK visitor or tourist visa from Pakistan needs to upload/submit the required supporting documents.
6. UK Visitor Visa Biometrics Requirements in Pakistan
An applicant needs to attend an appointment at one of the application centres in Pakistan for biometrics and passport/application submission. Accordingly, the staff of the VFS Global application centre takes an electronic photo of the applicant at the time of application submission. Moreover, the staff of UKVAC also takes an applicant’s biometrics i.e. scanning of fingers + thumbs. Therefore, in case of a successful decision, the British HC or Embassy use the electronic photo for visa vignette.
7. Waiting Time for UK Visit Visa Decision in Pakistan
Perhaps, the UK visa processing time from Pakistan for all the short and long-term visitor visa application is usually within 10-15 days i.e. 2 to 3 weeks. However, the UK visa processing time from Pakistan with priority services is normally within 5-7 working days. Here it is important to note that UKVI’s service standard for UK tourist visa processing from Pakistan is 12 weeks.
8. UK Visit Visa Passport Collection in Pakistan
Once the UKVI makes the decision on the application then the UKVAC will inform the applicant for passport collection. However, if your application remains unresolved even after 12 weeks or 60 working days then you need to contact the UKVI.
2. Supporting Documents
UK Visit Visa Supporting Documents Requirements Pakistan
An applicant applying for a UK tourist or family visitor visa from Pakistan may need following types of supporting documents:
- Online application form
- Current valid Pakistani passport
- Previous Pakistani passport, if applicable
- Translation of documents, which are not in English/Welsh
- Invitation letter, if applicable
- A UK address for staying during the visit
- Residential address in Pakistan
- Telephone or mobile number
- Marriage certificate, if applicable
- Family certificate, if applicable
- Business/Employer details
- Tax registration certificate
- Tax returns
- Bank statements
- Salary slips (for employed persons)
- Conveyance/Mortgage Deed or Rental Agreement of the address in Pakistan
- Evidence of assets
Moreover, there is no requirement of submitting photographs with UK visit visa from Pakistan. Certainly, the procedure has changed during the last few years. Therefore, the information relating to the requirement of submitting a photograph with UK visit visa from Pakistan is misleading and outdated. Please note, this is not an exhaustive checklist of the required documents to apply for UK visit visa from Pakistan, as these may differ due to the personal circumstances. For further details, please refer to supporting documents checklist.
Before You Travel to the UK from Pakistan
- Do not travel if you have coronavirus symptoms or are self-isolating
- From Dec 18, 2020, travelling for a holiday is not permitted under Alert Level 4 in the UK
- From Jan 18, 2021, a passenger is required to provide the evidence of a negative COVID-19 test result taken up to 72 hours (3 days) before departure
- A Pakistani citizen needs to submit the Public Health Passenger Locator Form any time in the 48 hours before arrival in the UK
- Optional: Book a Test to Release for reducing the Self-Isolation (Quarantine) Time from 10 to 5 days
- Check FCO travel advice
- Check your airline’s requirements
- If possible try to check in online
- Plan your journey to the airport (check public transport advice as necessary)
At the Airport in Pakistan
- Be patient and follow instructions from staff
- Stay 2 metres away from others wherever possible
- Wash or sanitise your hands regularly
- Wear a face covering – without one you may be refused entry into the airport
- If you require assistance you should request this as you normally would
On Board Your Flight to the UK from Pakistan
- Follow instructions from crew at all times
- Remain seated as much as possible
- Wear a face covering – they are required on flights in England, and many airlines require them for all
- Be considerate of others – they may be exempt from wearing a face covering
- Be alert for announcements about the requirements at your destination
On Arrival in the UK from Pakistan
- Make sure you fill out the Public Health Passenger Locator Form online before you arrive
- Follow crew instructions for disembarking the aircraft
- Wash or sanitise your hands as soon as possible
- Stay 2 metres away from others wherever possible
- Go directly to the place where you will self-isolate – avoid public transport if possible
- Observe self-isolation for 10 days in the UK – if you violate self-isolation rules then will be fined
- Home Office Immigration and Nationality Charges
- A Complete Guide to UK Visa and Immigration Statistics
- A Guide to US Visa Approval and Rejection Rate by Country
- UK Standard Visitor Visa Requirements
- How to fill the Visa Application Form?
- UK Visa Fees from Pakistan
- UK Tourist and Family Visitor Visa Requirements for Indians