Form FLR(IR) Guidance Notes for Extension of Stay in the UK
This relates to Form FLR(IR) for an extension of stay in the UK and FLR(IR) Guidance Notes. Please note: Form FLR(IR) covers different routes for the extension of stay in the UK, some of which, prior to Dec 1, 2016, were covered by Form FLR(O). It is important to note that the applicants need to apply for the extension before the end of their permitted stay in the UK. Please note: Form FLR(IR) is to be used for any Leave to Remain application under the Immigration Rules that is not covered by another form.
Form FLR(IR) for Extension of Stay
From Dec 2016, FLR(IR) Application Form is required to be submitted for an extension of stay in the UK under any of the following categories:
- Visitor Visa Extension (except transit, Approved Destination Status & Permitted Paid Engagements visitors)
- Parent of Tier 4 (child) student
- Domestic worker in a private household
- UK ancestry
- Domestic worker who is a victim of slavery or human trafficking
- Dependant joiners who are applying separately from the main applicant – dependants of a person who has limited leave to enter or remain in the UK, not including dependents of a person with leave under the points-based system or dependants of a person in the UK with leave based on family or private life
- Member of an Armed Force who is subject to immigration control (course F)
- Relevant Civilian Employee
- Locally engaged staff of a Diplomatic Mission
- Dependant of a member of Armed Forces which are not HM Forces (dependants of a member of HM Forces should complete FLR(AF))
- Retired person of independent means
- Representative of an overseas business
- Any Leave to Remain (that is included in the Immigration Rules) that is not covered by another form
FLR(IR) Form Version 04/2017 updated on April 24, 2017
It is important to note that the copy of the form is for the information purpose only. Since application forms change periodically, therefore, before applying it is important to check for the latest version of the form at Application to extend stay in the UK: FLR(IR).
From April 6, 2018, the application fee for Retired Person of Independent Means will be £1,949 instead of £1,874. The fee for Representative of an overseas business will be £704 instead of £677.
*What happens next?
Multilingual qualified London based immigration specialists will get back to you, usually within 2-3 working days. If you have not attached any documents, then the UK based Law firm may ask for the relevant Case-Specific Document(s) such as Refusal Letters, Deportation Orders, Application Forms etc. Moreover, after reviewing the papers and information, the legal advisor may advise a course of action and quote the fees for processing the application.
Have a wonderful day!
To qualify for an extension of stay in the categories of the Immigration Rules for which form FLR(IR) is to be used, an applicant must meet the requirements set out in the following parts of the Immigration Rules:
- Visitors – Appendix V
- Parent of a Tier 4 child – Part 7 of the Immigration Rules
- Domestic Workers – Part 5 of the Immigration Rules
- UK Ancestry – Part 5 of the Immigration Rules
- Dependant joiners – Part 5 of the Immigration Rules
- Relevant civilian employee – Appendix Armed Forces Part 9A
- Member of Armed forces subject to immigration control – Appendix Armed Forces Part 9
- Dependant of Armed Forces which are not HM Forces – Appendix Armed Forces Part 10
- Retired person of independent means – Part 7 of the Immigration Rules
- Representative of an overseas business – Part 5 of the Immigration Rules