In this all-inclusive guide, we bring you the latest information on UK visa fees in 2023 for applicants applying from outside the United Kingdom. Stay ahead by learning about the costs associated with various visa categories, such as visitor, work, spouse, and study visas, as well as optional premium services to expedite your application process. The UK visa application process can be complex, but with our up-to-date guide, you’ll have all the key information at your fingertips to make informed decisions about your visa application.
Table of Contents
If you are inside the UK then please refer to our post on Home Office Fees 2023.
1. UK Visitor Visa Fees 2023
Latest UK Visit Visa Price in 2023 for 6-months, 2, 5, and 10 Years
In this section, we outline the UK visa fees for various visitor visa types in 2023, including visit, family, tourist, marriage, and more.
Standard Visitor Visa Fees for UK 2023
The standard visitor visa is a popular choice for those visiting the UK for various purposes, such as tourism, family visits, and business meetings.
UK Visa Fee for 6 Months
For 2023, UK visit visa fee for 6-month is £100.
Frequent travelers can opt for long-term visitor visas.
UK 2 Years Visa Fee
2 years visa fee for UK in 2023 is £376
UK 5 Years Visa Fee
5year fee for London visa in 2023 is £670
UK 10 Years Visa Fee
In 2023, UK 10 year visitor visa cost is £837
Note: Non-visa nationals from countries like Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, the United States of America (B5JSSK), EEA states, and Switzerland do not need a standard visitor visa for stays up to 180 days.
UK Standard Visitor Visa Priority Service Fee 2023
The 5-working day UK visitor visa priority service fees in 2023 are £250. As a result, the 6-month, 2-year, 5-year, and 10-year tourist or visitor application fees, inclusive of priority service, are £350, £626, £920, and £1,087, respectively.
Super Priority Visa UK Cost 2023
The next working day super-priority service fee is £956. Consequently, 6-month, 2-year, 5-year, and 10-year visitor or tourist visa application fees, inclusive of super-priority service, are £1,056, £1,332, £1,626, and £1,793, respectively.
The priority service accelerates the processing time by placing visitor or tourist visa applications at the front of the queue. However, priority or super-priority service does not guarantee a favorable or swift decision.
UK Tourist Visa Fees for 2023
Tourist visa fees for 6 months, 2, 5, and 10 years are £100, £376, £670, and £837, respectively. Tourist visa requires proof of sufficient funds, intent to leave the UK after the visit, and a maximum stay duration of 180 days.
London Visit Visa Price (aka London Tourist Visa Price)
The 6-month standard visitor visa UK, often called the England or London tourist visa, costs £100. Providing false documents for this visa may lead to a 10-year deception ban.
UK Visa Fees for Child under 5
UK child visitor visa fees for 6 months, 2, 5, and 10 years are £100, £376, £670, and £837, respectively. Infants and children under 5 years are not exempt from the visa application fee.
Other Visit Visa Application Fee UK 2023
- Marriage Visitor Visa: If you intend to marry or register a civil partnership in the UK, the Marriage Visitor Visa is your go-to option. Marriage Visit Visa Fees for UK 2023: £100. Duration: Up to 180 days.
- Private Medical Treatment Visa: Should you be traveling to the UK for private medical treatment lasting between 6 and 11 months, you’ll need to apply for a Medical Treatment Visitor Visa. Medical Visit Visa Fee for UK 2023: £200. Note: Attendants must apply as visitors.
- Visiting Academics: Academic professionals planning to engage in research or educational exchange can opt for a 12-month Academic Visit Visa, which cost £200.
- Permitted Paid Engagement (PPE): For specific short-term paid tasks like lecturing or assessing, the PPE visa is available for up to 30 days. PPE Visit Visa UK Fee 2023: £100.
- Parent of Child Student Visa: For parents whose children are enrolled in fee-paying day schools in the UK, a 12-month Parent of Child Student Visa is available. Parent of Child Student Visit Visa Application Fee UK 2023: £531.
- Transit Visas: For brief transits through the UK en route to another country, a transit visa is needed. Airside Transit Fee: £35; Visitor in Transit: £64.
Note: Holding a standard, marriage, or medical visitor visa negates the need for a separate transit visa.
Get Expert Guidance for All Types of UK Visa and Immigration Applications, Reapplications, Refusals, and Appeals.
2. UK Student Visa Fee 2023
A Breakdown of Student Visa Fees for UK 2023
The UK Student Visa is to pursue a range of educational opportunities in the UK, from higher education to Student Union roles.
Key Requirements: Student Visa UK
For a successful UK Student Visa application, applicants must satisfy specific criteria. These include a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from a UK institution and proof of English language proficiency, commonly through an IELTS exam. Financial solvency for tuition and living costs is also mandatory.
Different visa types like Child Student Visa and Short-term (English Language) Visa have distinct requirements. Adherence to the rules for each visa type is crucial.
UK Student Visa Fees 2023
In 2023, the UK student visa fees are £363 for studying in London or anywhere else in England or Britain. The fees for child students and dependants on a student visa are also £363.
UK Priority Visa Fees for Tier 4 Students
The UK priority and super-priority student (Tier 4) visa fees are £613 and £1,319, respectively.
IHS Fees for UK Student Visa 2023
The Immigration Health Charge (IHC) for both student and dependent visas is £624 per year for each year of stay in the UK.
Embassy Fees for UK Study Visa for English Language
In 2023, the Short-term (English Language) student visitor visa UK fees for a period exceeding 6 months but not more than 11 months are £200.
Applicants who wish to study an English language course in the UK for more than 6 months but not exceeding 11 months at an accredited institution can apply for the Short-term Student (English Language) visa. However, if an individual plans to study a course for 6 months or less, they can apply for a standard visitor visa.
3. Settlement Family Visa UK Cost 2023
Family Reunions: A Complete Guide to UK Visa Fees 2023 for Settlement
The family route is for individuals who can apply for a UK visa based on their relationship to a person settled in the UK or a British citizen. This includes spouse settlement visas, adult dependent relatives, and parent of a British child visas, among others.
Key Criteria: Family Visa UK
Applicants must satisfy essential requirements, such as a genuine relationship with a UK resident, financial stability, and English language proficiency. An Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) is also mandatory for all applicants.
Spouse Visa UK Fees 2023
In 2023, the UK spouse visa fees are £1,538. This fee is the same for civil, unmarried, or same-sex partners. The settlement priority service cost is £573 for fast-tracking visa applications within 30 working days, making the UK priority spouse visa fee £2,111.
Under Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules, a spouse (partner) visa is granted for an initial period of 33 months with no recourse to public funds. Migrants can work in the UK on a spouse visa, and after 30 months, they can apply for an extension.
Dependant Joining or Accompanying
The UK spouse or partner visa fees under the Dependant Joining or Accompanying route are £1,538.
The ‘joining or accompanying’ route is for those applying for a visa based on their relationship to another migrant who is neither settled in the UK nor a British citizen and is on a route without a specific visa for dependants.
Other Family Visa UK Fees:
- Fiancé(e) Visa: For applicants planning to marry or engage in a civil partnership in the UK. The visa lasts 6 months. After marrying or forming the partnership, they can switch to a spouse or civil partner visa. Application Fee: £1,538.
- Parent of a British Child: For applicants with sole guardianship of a British child. Application Fee: £1,538.
- Adult Dependent Relative: For applicants needing extended care from a UK relative. Application Fee: £3,250.
- Returning Residents: For those migrants who were previously settled in the UK and wish to return. Application Fee: £531.
- EEA Updates: The EEA family permit ended on June 30, 2021. However, applicants related to an EEA national residing in the UK might be able to apply for the EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit at no charge.
- Route to Settlement (refugee dependant relative): £388
- Armed Forces Dependant Indefinite Leave: £2,404
- Discharged Foreign/Commonwealth HM Forces Indefinite Leave: £2,404
4. UK Embassy Fees for Work Permit 2023
A Comprehensive Breakdown of UK Work Visa Fees 2023
The UK offers various work visas, including Skilled Worker (previously Tier 2 General or Work Permit), Innovator, Startup, Health and Care Worker, Global Business Mobility, High Potential Individual, and Scale-up visas. As a result, the UK work visa cost varies depending on the specific visa type.
Essential Criteria: UK Work Visa Requirements
To secure a UK work visa, applicants need to meet varying requirements based on the type of work visa they are applying for.
For most employment-based visas like the Skilled Worker visa, obtaining a job offer from a UK employer registered with the Home Office is crucial. The employer then provides a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS). Additional standard prerequisites include passing an English language test and providing evidence of adequate financial resources.
For business-oriented visas such as the Innovator Founder Visa, a job offer is not required; instead, applicants must secure an endorsement from an approved endorsing body and present a viable business plan. Regardless of the visa type, demonstrating a genuine intention to work or conduct business in the UK is essential.
Skilled Worker Visa UK Cost 2023
Applicants can work in the UK under the Skilled Worker Visa. This visa is for those sponsored by a licensed Home Office sponsor for specific skilled roles. It offers a path to permanent UK settlement. In 2023, the skilled worker visa fees are £625 for 3-year applications and £1,235 for 6-year applications.
For jobs in shortage occupations, the fees are £479 for 3-year applications and £943 for 6-year applications.
Who Can Apply for Skilled Worker UK?
Applicants sponsored to work in a skilled job for a Home Office licensed sponsor in the UK can apply for a Skilled Worker visa. This is the most common UK work visa.
To be eligible for a Skilled Worker visa, applicants must score 50 points for sponsorship, job, and English language skills, as well as 20 tradeable points for salary and other qualifications.
UK Skilled Worker Visa Priority Service Fees 2023
The UK visa processing time after biometrics is 3-weeks for skilled worker visa. For one week processing, the UK skilled worker visa priority service fees are £250.
Health and Care Visa Fees in 2023
The application cost of Health and Care visa vary depending on the Certificate of Sponsorship (COS) duration. If the COS is valid for 3 years or less, the visa cost is £247. However, for a COS lasting 3 years or more, the Health and Care visa fees are £479.
Who Can Apply for Health and Care Visa UK?
Qualified doctors, nurses, or allied health professionals sponsored to work in the UK by a Home Office licensed sponsor can apply for a Health and Care Visa. This skilled worker visa route can also lead to permanent settlement (ILR) in the UK.
Health and Care Visa Priority Service Cost
UKVI expedites processing of the UK Health and Care Visa applications, aiming for a three-week turnaround post-biometrics. For one week processing, the cost of priority service is £250.
Please note: There is a dedicated NHS support and visa processing team for Health and Care Visa sponsors to address any issues related to the application process or eligibility. Consequently, Health and Care Visa sponsors can reach out to UKVI’s dedicated NHS team at: UKVINHSteam@homeoffice.gov.uk.
Global Business Mobility Visa
A brief overview of UK work visas under the Global Business Mobility category, along with their 2023 fees.
- Senior or Specialist Worker: For high-level managers or specialists transferring to a UK branch. Fee: £625 for up to three years, £1,235 for over three years.
- Graduate Trainee: For individuals in graduate programs leading to specialist roles in the UK. Fee: £259.
- UK Expansion Worker: For specialists or senior personnel expanding a business into the UK. Fee: £259.
- Service Supplier: For individuals providing services as per UK trade commitments. Fee: £259.
- Secondment Worker: Specifically for employees seconded to the UK for high-value contracts or investments. Fee: £259.
Quick Guide to Other Work and Business Visas:
Below is a brief overview of various UK visa categories along with their associated fees for work or do business in the UK.
- Start-Up Visa: For starting an innovative business in the UK. Fee: £378.
- Innovator Visa: For businesspersons with innovative, viable, and scalable businesses. Fee: £1,036. Requirements include an endorsement, £50,000 investment, and B2 IELTS level.
- Innovator Founder Visa (Introduced April 2023): Replaces older Innovator and Startup visas. Streamlined for international entrepreneurs with endorsement-based approval. Leads to potential permanent UK residency for family members. Endorsement Fees: £1,000, Application Fees: £1,036.
- Investor Visa: For high-value individuals investing in the UK. Fee: £1,638.
- High Potential Individual (HPI) Visa: For graduates from top-50 global universities seeking employment in the UK. Fee: £715.
- Scale-Up Visa: For applicants with a job offer from an authorised UK scale-up company. Fee: £715. Leads to potential UK settlement after 5 years.
- Global Talent Visa: For leaders or potential leaders in academia, research, arts, or digital technology. Fee: £456 (Approval Letter for initial application), £167 (Main Applicant with Approval Letter), £623 (Main Applicant without Approval Letter and for Dependants).
- T2 Minister of Religion Visa: For applicants intending to undertake preaching and pastoral work. Fee: £625
- International Sportsperson Visa: For elite sportspersons or coaches contributing to UK sports. Fee: £259 (up to 12 months COS) or £625 (more than 12 months COS).
- T5 (Temporary Worker) Visa: For workers in various sectors, such as seasonal, religious, or creative workers. Fee: £259.
UK visa fees for other work applications in 2023 include:
- Graduate Entrepreneur – dependants only: £378
- Tier 1 Exceptional Talent – dependants only: £623
- Offshore worker: £531
- Overseas domestic worker in a private household: £531
- Representative of an overseas business and dependants: £625
- Employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency, or broadcasting organization: £625
- Sheep Shearer: £531
- Ancestry: £531
5. Other Visas and Services
UK Visa Fees 2023 for Other Visas and Services
If you’re planning to apply for a UK visa for a purpose other than work or visit, here’s a complete breakdown of the UK visa fees in 2023:
- Single-entry visa to replace Biometric Residence Permit (BRP): £154
- Transfer of Conditions (Vignette Transfer) overseas application: £154
- Certificate of Entitlement – Right of Abode (outside UK): £388
- Miscellaneous visa: £531
- Right of abode – certificate of entitlement: £372
- Registered Traveller (UK only) – adult: £50 and child: £24
- Registration of new documents – Registered Traveller (UK only): £20
- Receiving/handling/forwarding applications on behalf of Commonwealth Countries/Overseas Territories: £141
- Dependants of exempt international forces applying under Part 10 of Appendix Armed Forces: £531
- Hong Kong British National (Overseas) for 30 months: £180
- Hong Kong British National (Overseas) for 5 years: £250
- Consular officer call-out/out-of-hours fee (per hour/part hour): £142
- Document preparation and forwarding (consular functions): £141
- Administrative review: £80
Optional Premium Services
You can choose to pay for additional premium services to expedite your UK visa application process. The fees for these optional services in 2023 are:
- Priority Visa Fee (Settlement): £573
- Priority Visa Fee (Non-Settlement): £250
- Super Priority Visa Service: £956
- User Pays Visa Application service: £55
- Immigration officer provision for premium service relating to entry or transit (per hour per officer): £77.40
- International Contact Centre – Email Service (per query): £2.74
- International Contact Centre – Telephone Helpline (per minute): £0.69
Certain categories of applicants are exempt from paying the UK visa application fees in 2023. They include:
- FCO Strategic Performance Fund and bilateral projects
- HM Forces personnel or members of foreign armed forces – exempt from immigration control
- Diplomatic posting to the UK – main applicant and dependants
- Members of international organizations on official visits
- Official visits or transit
For more information about UK visa fees and application processes, explore UK Government’s website.
6. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
UK Visa Application Fees 2023: Key Points and Clarifications
How much are the UK visa fees for 2023?
The UK visa fees for 2023 vary depending on the type of visa you are applying for. For example, UK tourist, student, and spouse visa fees are £100, £363, and £1,538, respectively.
How can I pay the UK visa fees from outside the UK?
The UK visa fees can generally be paid online using a credit or debit card.
Are the visa fees refundable if my application is rejected?
UK visa fees are not refundable after biometrics, even if your application is rejected.
Can I pay the visa fees in my local currency?
Do I need to pay the visa fees upfront or after my application is approved?
The UK visa fees need to be paid upfront at the time of submitting your visa application for processing.
Are there any additional fees or charges apart from the visa application fees?
There are additional fees or charges for healthcare surcharges, priority processing fees, or other optional services.