This post relates to UK Visa Success Rate, Refusal Rate and Reasons for UK Visa Refusals for all types of UK Visa Applications i.e. Visit Visa, Immigration, Work, Settlement, EEA Family, Student, Applications- submitted by Pakistani Nationals from outside the UK. According to Office Statistics the UK Visa Refusal Rate during 2005 to 2018 has experienced a great degree of variations as it has oscillated between 19% and 46%. The average refusal rate during 2005-18 has been 35.08%, which indicates nearly one out of three visa application from Pakistan is normally refused. Accordingly, the post also enumerates the details of the most frequent refusal reasons and covers the following topics:
- UK Visas and Immigration Applications and Grants from 2005 to June 2018
- UK Visa Rejection Rate Pakistan 2018
- Post PBS No. of Applications from Pakistan
- Yearly Refusal Rate 2005-2018 (TABLE 1)
- Visa Grants: Details of Six Broad Categories
- Most Frequent Reasons for UK Visa Refusal from Pakistan
- Changes in the Immigration Rules
- Lack of Proper Documentation
- Inappropriate Immigration Advice
UK Visas and Immigration Applications from Pakistan 2005-18
As indicated in the Table 1, as many as 2.03 million (2,034,252) entry clearance applications were applied for UK visa and immigration by Pakistani Nationals between 2005 and June 2018. The total visa granted during 2005-18(Q2) have been approx. 1.32 million (1,320,564) for Work, Study (including Short Term), Family, Spouse, Dep. joining or accompanying, immigration such as Tier 1 Entrepreneur and Others (Visitors). Accordingly, the overall UK Visa Refusal Rate from Pakistan during past 14 years hovers in the range of 35.08%. On an year on year basis, the visa and immigration refusal rate was highest (46.34%) during 2015 and lowest (19.84%) during 2011.
UK Visa Rejection Rate Pakistan 2018
So far, during the first two quarters of 2018 i.e. Jan – Jun 2018, 65,012 applications for UK Visa and Immigration have been made and 44,476 visas have been granted. Therefore, UK Visa Refusal Rate 2018 from Pakistan has been 31.58%. Here it is important to note that in comparison to 2015 and 2016 the refusal rate during 2017 and first half of 2018 has considerably reduced by 12% age points.
Post PBS No. of Applications from Pakistan
The success rate of Applications from Pakistan decreased to 57.46% during 2008, after the introduction of five-tier points based system (PBS) for processing applications relating to immigration, work, study and temporary or seasonal workers.
After the inception of PBS in 2008, the number applications made from Pakistan never crossed the pre-PBS application level of more than 200,000, as experienced during 2005, 2006 and 2007. In spite of the fact that during 2010, 2011 and 2013, the success rate remained higher than that during 2005, 2006 and 2007. Even in 2012 and 2014, the visa success rate hovered in the range of 67% as during 2005, 2006 and 2007.
|TABLE 1 – Year||No. of Applications||Grants||Refusal Rate|
|2018 Q 1 Jan-Mar||26,400||17,565||32.95%|
|2018 Q 2 Apr-Jun||38,612||26,911||30.10%|
Visa Grants: Details of Six Broad Categories
The total UK visa and immigration grants 1,320,564 were made in the six broad categories. Most of the visas were granted 981,518 i.e. 74.33% of the total grants in the Other, which mainly comprises of Standard Visitor Visa. The total visas granted (excl. visitors and transit) accounts for 384,772 i.e. 29.13% of the total grants. The total settlement and work visa accounts for nearly 15% of the total grants.
|Category||Grants||% age of Total|
|Study (excl. Short-term students)||152,612||11.56%|
|Short-term students (previously Student visitors)||5,157||0.39%|
|Total Dependant Joining or accompanying:||24,322||1.84%|
|Total Other (mainly visitor visas)||981,518||74.33%|
Most Frequent Reasons for UK Visa Refusal from Pakistan
Although the reasons for UK Visa Refusal from Pakistan are many; however, these can be summed up in the following three (3) broad categories:
- Changes in the Immigration Rules– Importantly, both in 2008 and 2015 substantial changes in the Immigration Rules were instituted and during both these years, the visa success rate remained lowest i.e. 57.46% and 53.66%. This can be attributed to lack of immediate understanding of the Changes to the Immigration Rules and their implications on the outcome.
- Lack of Proper Documentation– By and large, especially in visitor visa applications, most of the applicants do not document visa application in a befitting manner, therefore, makes it quite impossible for ECO to grant a Visa.
- Inappropriate Immigration Advice– Most of the applicants never give importance to proper advice as they are never able to understand the legal intricacies that are involved in submitting a befitting application for grant of a UK visa. Accordingly, they give heed to ill advice by consultants or amateur application filers, who does not have a proper grapple on a visa application and representation.
Back to Top | UK Visa Refusal Rate from Pakistan
Related Posts on UK Visa and Immigration Blog:
- UK Visa Refusal Rate 2017 by Geographical Regions
- UK Visa Refusal Rate by Country 2017 | Middle East
- UK Visa Refusal Rate 2017 from South Asia
- UK Visa Applications from East Asia
- UK Visa Refusal Rate by Country 2017 South East Asia
- UK Visa Applications from North African Countries
- UK Visa Applications from Central and South American Countries
- UK Visa Applications from Europe
- UK Visa Applications from Sub-Saharan African Countries
- UK Visa Applications from Australia and New Zealand
- UK Visa Applications from Refugees and Stateless
- UK Visas Entry Clearance Statistics
- British Citizenship Refusal Rate
- Immigration Judicial Review Success Rate | Tier 1, Visitor Visa
- Immigration Appeal UK | Tribunal Decisions | Success Rate 2010-18
- British Citizenship Reasons for Rejection
- Spouse Visa UK Success Rate | UK Settlement Statistics 2006-16
- UK Work Visa Statistics April-June 2017
- Tier 1 Visa Refusal Rate 2017- Extensions and Settlement Grants
- UK Entrepreneur Visa Success Rate 2017 and Refusal Reasons
- Tier 2 Visa Statistics April-June 2017
- UK Visa for Egyptian Nationals | UK Entry Clearance Grants 2017
- Visa for UK | UK Visa Refusal Rate During 2005-17